PDA

View Full Version : Speed Classic

Ron Hill
01-08-2014, 12:00 PM
I can't remember where this is or who this is. Any help out there?

Ron Hill
01-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Galveston, Texas, 1975: Speed Classic

Wayne Baldwin photo.

25XS
12-21-2017, 07:24 PM
The first picture must be in California... There's not one, but TWO Volkswagen buses on the beach!

Master Oil Racing Team
12-22-2017, 08:23 PM
That second photo is not actually from the Galveston Speed Classic Ron, but the year 1975 is correct. It was at Clear Lake and organized by famous oilwell firefighter Red Adair. Clear Lake is only minutes from Nasa and Houston "Ground Control". All of the big names in Inboard GN, SK, SS and Marathon racers were here along with all the top OPC drivers. All the participant were regularly covered in Powerboat Magazine including publisher at that time Bob Nordskog and the notorious Ted May both driving inboard diesel tunnels that Bob Nordskog was promoting at that time.

Ron Hill
01-09-2021, 06:33 PM
The first picture must be in California... There's not one, but TWO Volkswagen buses on the beach!

We were in Galveston eating breakfast in this little old trailer/cafe. The cook was a "Crack Up", he was turn the pork chops over with his fingers. Next to the cafe was like three blocks of nothing, I mean nothing but dirt and some silly looking poles. The sort of looked like light poles but they all bent exactly the same and laying on the ground. I asked the cook, hey, "Why are all the poles bent like that?" He said one word, "Hurricane". So ten more feet he would have lost his cafe... felt so lucky to live in California

WaltZucher
08-05-2023, 01:37 AM
That second photo is not actually from the Galveston Speed Classic Ron, but the year 1975 is correct. It was at Clear Lake and organized by famous oilwell firefighter Red Adair. Clear Lake is only minutes from Nasa and Houston "Ground Control". All of the big names in Inboard GN, SK, SS and Marathon racers were here along with all the top OPC drivers. All the participant were regularly covered in Powerboat Magazine including publisher at that time Bob Nordskog and the notorious Ted May both driving inboard diesel tunnels that Bob Nordskog was promoting at that time.

Ah, my apologies for the mix-up! Thank you for setting the record straight. The 1975 Clear Lake event, a thrilling gathering of racing's finest, organized by the renowned Red Adair, and the epicenter of powerboat glory with names that echoed through Powerboat Magazine's pages. A legendary moment that even NASA and "Ground Control" would've envied! ���� The inboard diesel tunnels promoted by Bob Nordskog and Ted May added an extra touch of notoriety to the exhilarating spectacle!

WaltZucher
08-05-2023, 01:39 AM
That second photo is not actually from the Galveston Speed Classic Ron,https://telegrambetting.club/telegram-sports-betting/telegram-nba-betting/ but the year 1975 is correct. It was at Clear Lake and organized by famous oilwell firefighter Red Adair. Clear Lake is only minutes from Nasa and Houston "Ground Control". music analytics company (https://www.viberate.com/) All of the big names in Inboard GN, SK, SS and Marathon racers were here along with all the top OPC drivers. All the participant were regularly covered in Powerboat Magazine including publisher at that time Bob Nordskog and the notorious Ted May both driving inboard diesel tunnels that Bob Nordskog was promoting at that time.

Ah, my apologies for the mix-up! Thank you for setting the record straight. The 1975 Clear Lake event, a thrilling gathering of racing's finest, organized by the renowned Red Adair, and the epicenter of powerboat glory with names that echoed through Powerboat Magazine's pages. A legendary moment that even NASA and "Ground Control" would've envied! ���� The inboard diesel tunnels promoted by Bob Nordskog and Ted May added an extra touch of notoriety to the exhilarating spectacle!