That's exactly right Jackie. One of my best friends and partner who helped guide me in my early racing is Clayton Elmer. He has millions of tales, but has never posted anything. Some years back Billy Seebold was at Highlands, Texas with his Son Tim who was racing. Joe Rome spotted Billy and went up to talk to him. He told Joe "I don't have to do anything here, let's go sit down and talk." And so they did. They sat in the shade on a grass hill to watch the races and talked between races. There were a couple of other retired racers sitting with them in the bull session. About two hours later, between races, a nearby spectator butted in. He said "Did you guys do all that stuff? Sitting next to you guys and listening to your stories is as good at watching the races."

There are some like Miss BK who had many great stories, but for some reason moved on a few years back. But I'm afraid that so many who can tell a good tale are just not able to write it down. I think they could if they tried, but probably don't feel comfortable to give it a try.