Thread: Jimmy Aderholdt

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jimmy Aderholdt

I am very sorry to pass bad news to our racing community. Jimmy Aderholdt passed away this afternoon. Deepest sympathy to the Aderholdt family. I cannot find the words to express how much we will miss him. Alan Ishii
    Thanks Al Lang thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geodavid View Post
    I am very sorry to pass bad news to our racing community. Jimmy Aderholdt passed away this afternoon. Deepest sympathy to the Aderholdt family. I cannot find the words to express how much we will miss him. Alan Ishii
    You are right Alan! Jimmie was a friend to all and was a fierce competitor. He will be missed! Jimmie, please tell all our friends at Lake Paradise the rest of us old timers are coming soon. Wait for us!

To the family, all of us who loved Jimmie like a brother extend our sincerest sympathies! Rest in peace Jimmie!
    Likes crewman060 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear this. My condolences to the family. I talked quite a bit with Jimmy when he was not well over a year ago or so. I never met Jimmy or his sister Kay. But through Alan Ishi I called Jimmy and introduced myself. We talked several times for a very long time. Jimmy was the nicest guy to talk with and was glad to share his knowledge. We teased each other every time after the 1st call as he was a huge Alabama fan and we'll me a Nebr fan. Jimmy thankyou for your wonderful friendship and calls. RIP my friend.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry to hear of Jimmy's passing also. I can remember racing Jimmy, watching his family throw Frisbees at Valleyfield, and having a good time talking old days at Ralph's Old Phart's Party in Naples some years back. That was the first time I had seen Jimmy in twenty five or more years. Just like we never quit talking in the pits. God bless you and your family Jimmy. Rest in peace.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the call from Alan about Jimmy and he and I both choked up while talking. He was a great friend, fierce competitor, and just all around great guy. We will miss him for a while, and then see him again in the future at Lake Paradise. Race in peace, my friend.
    Charley Bradley

Thanks Gene East thanked for this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Funeral service for Mr. James "Jimmy" Aderholdt, 77, will be 2 p.m., Saturday April 22, 2017, at K.L. Brown Funeral Home with the Rev. Mike Owens officiating. Entombment will follow at Jacksonville City Cemetery. The family will receive friends Saturday one hour prior to the service at the funeral home. Mr. Aderholdt passed away Wednesday, April 19, 2017, at Regional Medical Center in Anniston. He is preceded in death by his parents, Wendell and Sara Aderholdt, and a brother, Bobby Aderholdt. Mr. Aderholdt is survived by his sons, John Aderholdt and James (Terri) Aderholdt; grandsons, Ryan and Nicholas Aderholdt; brother, Joe (Joyce) Aderholdt; sisters, Kay Aderholdt Boozer and Jeannie (Vick) Aderholdt Webb; sister-in-law, Carol Aderholdt; daughter-in-law, Cheryl Aderholdt; several nieces and nephews and a host of friends. Pallbearers will be family and friends of the family. Mr. Aderholdt loved boat racing and raced all of his life. He was a world champion, national champion and a world record holder. He also loved his friends and family and will be deeply missed by them all. Online condolences may be made at www.klbrownfuneralhome.com. K.L. Brown Funeral Home 322 Nisbet Rd NW Jacksonville, Al 36265
    Thanks Gene East, crewman060, Karen Cadle thanked for this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rest in peace brother!

Likes 1100r liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Rest in peace brother!
    I am sadden to have lost another old friend, Jimmy and I go back to the early sixties, when Dub Parker, Milton Wiggins, Jimmy and me were all competing in SEBA together. I last saw Jimmy three years ago with Bill Hosler when we stopped in Gadsden to see Jimmy and Milton. Bill and I saw Jimmy's shop, Milton's shop, and had dinner together. Many people didn't know that Jimmy retired as a high school teacher of auto body and mechanics. He was also into rebuilding old cars for shows. He left boat racing at one time and bought an airplane and took up flying, but he told me that wasn't as exciting as boat racing, and the people were not as friendly. So long Jimmy!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I too was sad to hear the news about jimmy, knew him from the 70's on and he sometimes went or met up with Ralph and I at races. We stayed together at some and always had fun. I too picked on him being from Alabama. I have several good stories about him over the years. last saw him a couple months ago when I was coming back from Birmingham for work and had a good visit. Stopped by again a few weeks ago but he wasn't home, but called him to say I would be back. So Long old friend and God Speed, you will live on in my memory and stories, Steve

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Jimmy, see ya at the finish line. Bill Kurps

Thread Information