Thread: New outboard racing book now available

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New outboard racing book now available

New book on outboard racing titled "Rooster Tales" now on sale. Written by long time racer Dudley Malone, this writing covers the golden years of the sport following World War II. Available by going to Amazon.com then keying in Dudley Malone or Rooster Tales. Also available at Authorhouse.com or Barnes & Noble.
    Thanks Powerabout, Ron Hill, Hans69 thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, crewman060, Al Lang, Hans69 liked this post

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley Malone View Post
    New book on outboard racing titled "Rooster Tales" now on sale. Written by long time racer Dudley Malone, this writing covers the golden years of the sport following World War II. Available by going to Amazon.com then keying in Dudley Malone or Rooster Tales. Also available at Authorhouse.com or Barnes & Noble.
    Mine should come today... Look forward to reading it... Thanks Dudley.
    Dean Hobart
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dudley....When I get mine, I would like you to sign it. Would that be a problem? I don't want to get something going here that you don't want to mess with. Having to sign, then repackage, then go to the post office, etc. I would of course send postage for return so it wouldn't cost you anything except the hassle. I'm thinking more people out there might want to do the same thing, so I'm asking up front if you would want to do it, or not mess with the hassle. You can email me at mort730@gmail.com if you want to.

Wayne Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine today. Already started reading it.

Post Thanks / Like

About three fourths done with it. The only thing I see wrong so far is that it is too short. I'm going to run out of reading too soon. Don't buy this book for a researched history of racing from this time period. Buy it because it is a grass roots history of a boat racer telling about the way it was back then. It is what the title says.....a book of tales. From many of the racers I have known over the years, it is not unlike their beginning (unless you started out in a racing family), and I identify with the way I started out. This book is like sitting down with old racing friends and hearing stories bounce off of each other about the old times. There are historical facts and names that are very familiar, boat development, new motors coming on the scene, and all told from the perspective of a young kid growing into a sport he loved and talking about all the advancements as it was happening. It is a fascinating book to read.

Thread Information