Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keep Us Posted on Harvey Storm...

Wayne keep us up dated, please.

We in California got no idea what weather is.

My dad, George Klous and me WERE HAVING BREAKFAST IN GALVESTON, 1970. The cook was turning the pork chops over with his fingers, my dad thought that was cool, I wasn't sure.

As we sat in this little cafe, we could see about three blocks of vacant land, but we could also see light poles bent over even with the ground. I said to the cook/owner of the cafe, why did they make those light poles, all bolted down and bent over?

He just looked at me and said, "Ever hear of a hurricane?"

Wow, for a Californian, I was in shock!
    Likes Al Lang liked this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't buy an Apple Jackie because I heard it's the best for security, but hard to learn to use. How was it you figured it out? Anyway, We're done I think with the wind part. But it's been circling back toward us tonight, and should head more eastward and skirt the gulf up toward Houston. We were without power for eighteen hours. Got it back a couple of hours ago. Houston is getting it bad. We lucked out because Harvey made a northwesterly turn toward the end and went in about thirty miles above Corpus Christi, and thus missed a direct hit on us by about 60 miles. The southerly part of the circle is the least threatening. Joe Rome is in the worst part now. Houston area was hit with a lot of water, which is in the Northeastern, North and Northwestern part of a hurricane. They got it bad when it came ashore, and now that it is doing an end around down here, it is headed back up toward Houston, Beaumont, Lake Charles, etc.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark patched me in to the weather forecast on "Facetime" last night Wayne, watched the shocking plight of Texas----27" of rain already, with another 33" predicted-------until you've been in that situation, nobody can begin to imagine just how bad things are.
    At least there's help coming-------Trump stood up and was counted, called in the national guard with a promise of all the help needed-------finally you got a decision maker instead of a ditherer ( aka New Orleans).
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You're right Jackie, we have a leader now, and not someone who says he is "leading from behind" whatever the he11 that means.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    You're right Jackie, we have a leader now, and not someone who says he is "leading from behind" whatever the he11 that means.
    Surely not a shirt lifter Wayne ?

Post Thanks / Like

You're thinking of the President BEFORE George Bush II Jackie. I think that president would have switched to the Republican party if he thought Sara Palin would have been his vice president.

Would love to hear what Maggie Thatcher's response would have been to our "dear past president's 'threats' to our enemy's to 'cut it out'" !

I'm going to e mail you about how to get this autograph from you. Got an idea.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You're thinking of the President BEFORE George Bush II Jackie. I think that president would have switched to the Republican party if he thought Sara Palin would have been his vice president.

Would love to hear what Maggie Thatcher's response would have been to our "dear past president's 'threats' to our enemy's to 'cut it out'" !

I'm going to e mail you about how to get this autograph from you. Got an idea.
    Is it one like Michael Caine had in "The Italian Job" ?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about "The Italian Job" Jackie. Don't watch many movies.

I emailed you, but couldn't come up with the good pic I wanted so I cancelled the email. Found the contact sheet that was so obscured you couldn't recognize yourself. I will have to rescan the negative so I can send it to you for you to sign.

I will email you my idea after I get the negative scanned.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about "The Italian Job" Jackie. Don't watch many movies.

I emailed you, but couldn't come up with the good pic I wanted so I cancelled the email. Found the contact sheet that was so obscured you couldn't recognize yourself. I will have to rescan the negative so I can send it to you for you to sign.

I will email you my idea after I get the negative scanned.
    Jesus wept Wayne, what are you trying to prove here ?
    Remember those little things called "letter boxes" -------I presume they still got em down the post office ! You know the things I mean. Those are the means of communication that will still be left, long after "Cyberspace" has imploded and destroyed itself. Send me a piccy, (I believe it's still called US MAIL ) I'll sign it and send it back via the GPO-------I know it takes a little longer, but what the hell, even pony express could have delivered in the time we've been talking about it.
    So much for the dot-dot-------it obviously is not the answer to "EVERYTHING".------ it never ever cooked me a full English breakfast.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, and another thing Wayne, if you never saw Michael Caine in "THE ITALIAN JOB" ---------you got some serious omissions in your life.

Thread Information