Thread: Dan Pigott

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow....

....now we can see recorded history as it is taking place. Thanks much Danny for adding to the history that will later be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mod Winter Nat's

We got third over all in the Winter Nat's. Might could have done better but we had a kill switch problem, an dropped a cyl in first heat. came in second in second heat. This was a lot better than i thought we would do, this was our first try in CMH. On Sat. we changed tower an gear housing to try a new set up. We won the race, BUT boat was 2 pounds light we did not weigh the boat with new tower that was steel, an old tower was alm. I thought the steel one would be heaver than the alm one, but it was lighter. Still had a great time ,this is great race site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great !!

Tell Dale I said congrats, and howdy. Like 2 pounds would have mad any difference, but rules is rules. Dad had the same thing happen to him one year in 750CCMH, I think it was at Witney Point NY. It was a couple pounds light. I told him he should have skipped the morning routine ! In NBRA the weights are a little lighter, so he would have been heavy !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nat's

Fred Hauenstein at the winter Nat's. in Ala. Fred got second in DMH an third in DMR. in the Nat's. On Sat. he won DMH an DMR. A lot of people said he worked harder than anyone there. You don't see somebody run Hydro an Runabout much any more. Fred did it with one motor changing from boat to boat. I think his ASH got second with John Pomquest driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Default FE from the past

This was a proto type engine Dad built in 1980 few people ever saw it. I will not comment on it because he is not here to explain how it worked. you can not see all of the Mods in the pic.It would take care of the 90 Yam.'s at that time. I would say it was one of the fastest 75's of all time. The FE's of to day would not have easy picking's with it . I still have it This pic was taken just the other day.
    Likes crewman060 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default More racing

Back from the Winter Nat's. I want to rest they want to go to the Kart races. Note tires an tire cutter, you need a boat load of tires. Dirt track racing, is a very tough type of racing. It takes $$$ just for the tire treatments Next week back to the SO/MOD race at Tabor City NC. Danny's good wife helping him, this is what it takes to be successful in any racing. He is very good at this, at one time he was making a living doing it. It does pay good money here. 2,500 to win at a lot of races.I know This is not boat racing ,but it is what we do between boat races, About all we do is race something.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocks Pond

A lot of races were held here for many years. Rocks pond is a Camp ground on lake Marion in Eutawville SC. People would start comming in on Wed. before the race on Sun.It was one big party up till the race, they had huge crowds. The end of the dock is where the starter dropped the flag for the Lemans start. Many a great driver looked at that dock for the flag to drop. Bill Seebold, Mike Seebold , Earl Bentz ,Ben Robertson, Reggie Fountion(sp), Aian Stinson, Joe Burgress, Duke Waldrop Joe Mc Caule, Bucky Morris,an many more that i don't remember or forgot. I took this pic last week it looks just like it did the last race held there. Don't let the word pond fool you, this was one of the roughest places there was to race. A driver i know called Seebold on monday after the race. to order new cowling, Billy told him, I told you to stay out of the pond. Lot of history at this place.
    Likes crewman060 liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny, have many of the pine trees re-grown? Hugo sure made it a different looking place. There were really some big pines before. You are right about some good racing being held there. Also some of the most unbelievable spectator sights I ever saw.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw some great racing there! Lots of big wrecks too. Bruce told me the Geechee 2 was hanging in the pavillion and was destroyed in the storm. Not only was the "pond" very large, it was also shallow.
    Outboard Model Concepts
    RC Mod-VP hulls
    Distributor for HTB Tunnels

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Pond

Sam the pines never grew back . They planted oaks that are only about 12 or so feet high an not many of them. It will never look the same as the pines did. Rut Conner who owned the Rocks plantation and Rocks pond. Told me he had some land down the road that he was going to build a private boat race lake. I think he is to old for that now an has sold Rocks Pond. That would have been great.

Thread Information