Thread: Any ideas to help develop interest in opc boat racing??

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Any ideas to help develop interest in opc boat racing??

I really got off topic on my other thread, so I thought it best to start this thread.
    Over the last few years there has been a major decline in interest in OPC type racing in our area. We have tried a number of suggestions including new classes that have shown growth in other areas, free entry fee, prize money.great race site locations, we have NEW low cost boats for T ($3500.00) and S750 ($1800.00), lots of new and used equipment available and in the case of T Class over 45 T boats in the area. We have 3 cylinder DRAG beginning this summer, maybe we can link it with T and have an overall championship. Many tell me it is just a temporary change and the current racers are in different time in the life so they are not racing now,but, will come back in a few years.....I HOPE THAT TURNS OUT TOO BE TRUE!!

What’s happening in your area?
    Thanks Powerabout thanked for this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How about having a boat available for a test drive so the punters can try before buy?
    You market a race with that and have a quick orientation and some driver training then a drive and see who turns up?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    How about having a boat available for a test drive so the punters can try before buy?
    You market a race with that and have a quick orientation and some driver training then a drive and see who turns up?
    We actually have tried something even better.....prior to the race season we would have a Saturday get together and invited everybody with a T boat and those interested in T boats to attend. We had a race course setup and people could test their boat with current racers and others without a boat could test drive a T boat. I tried to do a similar event this year and we even had a drag setup planned. I didn’t get any interest so we did not have one. We have a race this weekend and as of to-day.....no T850 boats and only 3 T750 boats entered.
    Last edited by hydrospeed77; 06-18-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: fix quote ending tag

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    We actually have tried something even better.....prior to the race season we would have a Saturday get together and invited everybody with a T boat and those interested in T boats to attend. We had a race course setup and people could test their boat with current racers and others without a boat could test drive a T boat. I tried to do a similar event this year and we even had a drag setup planned. I didn’t get any interest so we did not have one. We have a race this weekend and as of to-day.....no T850 boats and only 3 T750 boats entered.
    wow, it has slowed down....
    Have you got a few views of existing racers why they art not there anymore, kids, school, work, cost, insurance etc?
    Sent you a pm about steering..
    Last edited by hydrospeed77; 06-18-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: fix quote ending tag

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

GOOD NEWS!.....from OPBRA

It's official!!!

We are proud to announce that COGECO has signed on as out Title Sponsor for the 2019 race season.

They, along with YourTV will be filming at all six days of racing this year.

Production of three 1/2 hour TV documentaries on OPBRA to be broadcast across their network and placed on Video On Demand for viewing at your leisure.

THIS IS SOME OF OUR PREVIOUS TV COVERAGE...1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igE9KQEjqI4

HERE IS SOME OF THE T850's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwTxCpywRBk
    Likes Powerabout liked this post

Thread Information