Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Dan Pigott

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezryder View Post
    Hi Danny, and all my other friends that have followed my ezryder thread ---

Danny, glad to hear your all better. I had no idea you were having health problems.

For some reason, even though I was subscribed to your thread, I've not received any e mail messages about added notes to your thread until a couple of days ago. Don't have a clue as to why I've not received updates for so long.

I've been remiss in not posting to my thread for quit a while. Lots going on with our family. And I've been so busy making things happen and dealing with the issues that I've neglected posting updates. I'll try to do better in the future.

Since my last post on my thread, my wife has been treated for breast cancer. And that really threw us into a panic. However, It appears that it was caught really early and the surgery has been successful and she is currently doing fine.

God bless

Regards,Squadron?

George
    Very happy to hear that your wife is doing well. I can't make the Lake Wales meet but will be at the Lakeland race on March 1 if you are available. Did you hear that I was inducted in to APBA's Honor Squadron?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

HI John,
    No I didn't know that. Congratulations!!!
    I'll plan to be at lakeland.
    Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Eve story

Christmas Eve 1953 . I was 7 years old my brother was 5 years old. I don't remember how this started but I think my grandfather on my mothers side was here for Christmas . Dad and him were in the shop talking , the next thing I know is dad says we are going to test the boats your grandfather wants to see them run I don't think he had ever been to a race, so it was new to him. This sounded easy to do. We hook the trailer up and head to the test site. Not long after we left it started to rain we got almost there and still raining the paved road ended about a half mile before the landing if you could call it that just a dirt area off the a dirt road ( Al Lang will know where this is as he tested there when he lived here ) once we got on that dirt road it was so bad there was no stopping or turning around. This little road was about 15 miles long to the next paved one and in the middle of nowhere nothing but woods . Dad kept going this was the only chance we had ,I f we stopped he didn't think we could get going again. On we went with the car sliding back and forth spinning the tires if it stopped there was no way home, no phones no houses no stores. Mean while me and my brother were talking to each other about if we get stuck we will miss Christmas as it was now getting late in the afternoon we were really worried, for us Christmas was the best day of the year and we might spend it out here in the middle of no where. Well we made it home in time but this is one time I never forgot. I now live only a few miles from that landing an drive down the road every week. I was driving down that road this Christmas Eve and all of that day ran though my mind, oh the road is paved now but still nothing on it
    Last edited by Danny Pigott; 12-26-2015 at 06:12 PM. Reason: more
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A great Christmas boat story Danny.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny's daughter in law posted on facebook this am that he was he in the hospital in Charleston.no details.keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

we will.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm back

I hope to have a few more post soon
    Likes Mark75H, Ron Hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is funny about 2013 I bought a C Mod Yamato a lot of people said I was crazy to buy this motor all it ever did was run in the back.. My son Dale tore it down and found a few things wrong with it ( this was the first Yamato we ever had ) he d id a few things his grand dad had showed him . We tested it and found it had the wrong pipe , So I get one from Gary in Nevada. the motor came alive along with a few new props. It went on to win about 20 races lose the APBA Nat's with a 1/ 2 finish on time It won the APBA winter Nat's in 2014. People could not believe how good it ran this was also on a 11 ft 6 in. B an H Hydro Built for DMH. a great boat.
    Likes Mark75H liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are back posting Danny. Love your stories. That was a good one.

Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You know i still have all my racing motors and some of dads , i walk thur the shop and look at them and remember all the good times i had with them I think i won miti Nat
    Championships with 4 of them they will still run today . I have Kg4's to C Konig's . I have a Yale Butts and Pugh. and 6 more Hydro's . Now that i am old it is nice to see all of it.
    Thanks Ron Hill, ClayT thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, ClayT, OLEGATORXX liked this post

Thread Information