Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Wayne------I don't know HOW to make it easy for folk to post, comment, start a thread, reply to a thread without the dreaded and never remembered password. I do know there are a whole lot more racers-----ex racers , mechanics, spectators, enthusiasts who all have tales to tell ! Clever bit is getting em to post the tales!
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly right Jackie. One of my best friends and partner who helped guide me in my early racing is Clayton Elmer. He has millions of tales, but has never posted anything. Some years back Billy Seebold was at Highlands, Texas with his Son Tim who was racing. Joe Rome spotted Billy and went up to talk to him. He told Joe "I don't have to do anything here, let's go sit down and talk." And so they did. They sat in the shade on a grass hill to watch the races and talked between races. There were a couple of other retired racers sitting with them in the bull session. About two hours later, between races, a nearby spectator butted in. He said "Did you guys do all that stuff? Sitting next to you guys and listening to your stories is as good at watching the races."

There are some like Miss BK who had many great stories, but for some reason moved on a few years back. But I'm afraid that so many who can tell a good tale are just not able to write it down. I think they could if they tried, but probably don't feel comfortable to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Password Problems, Contact Ron Hill

I have learned to re set passwords in ABOUT 30 SECONDS. So far I have re set five passwords and still didn't get any posts.

We have to have passwords and we have to OK new members or we get about 4,000 new "BOTS" a day.

You look at the 1973 Propeller magazine and you realize there was a lot of boat racing going on!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I have learned to re set passwords in ABOUT 30 SECONDS. So far I have re set five passwords and still didn't get any posts.
    We have to have passwords and we have to OK new members or we get about 4,000 new "BOTS" a day.

You look at the 1973 Propeller magazine and you realize there was a lot of boat racing going on!
    Takes me less time than that to forget a password------there are sites that tell me my password has already been taken, which is a load of old cobblers----- nobody in their right mind would pick my password.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hells teeth Ron------dead lice are dropping of the site-------is there anyone left alive out there?
    I read that a couple of the old farts cashed in, but surely there's a couple of live ones left out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default There Are Some of Us Old Farts Still Around

John Rinker, brother Jerry still races Tri Hulls at 73 year old, Dick O'Dea...Me, Fred Hauenstein is still racing. Jimbo and Cathy are living in Needles. I was in Needles last weekend....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

John Rinker, brother Jerry still races Tri Hulls at 73 year old, Dick O'Dea...Me, Fred Hauenstein is still racing. Jimbo and Cathy are living in Needles. I was in Needles last weekend....
    Just nice to know there's life out there somewhere-----my son Mark came across Jimbo a few years back when he was teaching a youngster how to go racing------last time I saw him was at the OMC shrimp bake in Havasu in 1971. Last time I saw Fred was at one of the FONDA races in the 80/s, ( wonder if he's still got the five o'clock shadow)
    Guess our paths haven't crossed since the early 70/s Ron .
    Ted May always looked to have a sour face but once you spoke to him turned out to be very affable.
    There are some great characters still turn up at the OFF meetings in Tavares-----you should at least give it a try Ron!

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez Ron, what about me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert T*A*R*T View Post
    Geez Ron, what about me?
    John----ME TOO

We just lay in the WEEDS sleeping till something like this post pops up. DePue pro [title series] nats this weekend. Havn't got enough boat racers to put on a race so get 2 sanctioning bodies, cut everything in half and wonder why we can't fill the field.

John you at DePue? Keep us informed.

Bruce

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racnbns View Post
    John----ME TOO

We just lay in the WEEDS sleeping till something like this post pops up. DePue pro [title series] nats this weekend. Havn't got enough boat racers to put on a race so get 2 sanctioning bodies, cut everything in half and wonder why we can't fill the field.

John you at DePue? Keep us informed.

Bruce
    Bruce, I'll be there Sat & Sunday

Thread Information