Thread: Jackie Wilson..

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Wayne, I never knew Pip Wiley, got to know quite a few of the Hydro boys. Some of them switched to runabout racing.
    London club was all hydro in the early days, same as South Staffs and Oulton Broad and Car Mill.
    Knew Paddy Rolfe for many years, he was the Koenig importer------ haven't got the time this morning !

Maybe we both have the same problem-------after " add files" there is no " basic" on my set up--------it goes straight to ""choose file" and then dies. I always blame Ron ( because it's easy ) maybe the problems with our set ups or management system.
    Pity really, have a few pickies I would like you to see ( Rudes and unmentionables), maybe one day we'll get it sorted !
    I'm going to try again.

It worked, picture of 1971 Paris race leading prior to throwing a rod. I didn'y use the basic button, just "upload files" & "submit reply" & there it was.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still flogging a dead horse here---------facts forum------any of my hundreds of pictures------totally non compatible, nobody can say I didn't try.
    Maybe in a couple of years I'll try again .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jackie, E-Mail Me One Picture

Send me a picture, and let me see IF I can figure out why it won't post. RonHill@HillMarine.Com
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-11-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Send me a picture, and let me see IF I can figure out why it won't post.
    Ron my friend-------WHERE do I send the picture to ?
    Thereby lies the problem !

Try sending them to my email: RonHill@HillMarine.Com

I up loaded the pictures, then used my camera. I think I can save them to my desk top, then post them.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-11-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron, looks like there's nothing wrong with my pictures------so wherein doth the fault lie ?

Just tried posting pickies again ! Nothing happened-------even had a geekie whizz kid take a look, says something like "encrypted" -the minute he started talking I was lost------sounded like computer rap to me and I dislike rap intensely!

Be nice to have a normal relationship with facts forum------well, as near as anyone can have"Normal" with me !

oldalkydriver

Jackie, go online and google, 'free picture sizing'. It will reduce the photo so it can be safely uploaded. Many color pic are way over 1 million pix. Most mail boxes and other sites can only handle less then 5 megs. I hope this makes sence since it has been years since I tried. Even my black and whites loaded easier. Unfortunatly I lost all my pics. Trying to locate all my post and retrieve some. Good luck

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldalkydriver View Post
    Jackie, go online and google, 'free picture sizing'. It will reduce the photo so it can be safely uploaded. Many color pic are way over 1 million pix. Most mail boxes and other sites can only handle less then 5 megs. I hope this makes sence since it has been years since I tried. Even my black and whites loaded easier. Unfortunatly I lost all my pics. Trying to locate all my post and retrieve some. Good luck
    Ill try anything once Alky------im a glutton for punishment and thick as two short planks when it comes
    To freakie geeky technology .
    All i ever wanted to do was post a piccie of some of the nonsensical stuff i churn out to stop the athritis setting in.

oldalkydriver

Jackie, I just located the one I used online. It was FREE & SIMPLE. Go to www.picresize.com and follow. When you get to their home page, go to #1 which lets you browse your pc. Generally pics are located inC:\Windows\Pictures. But once you browse, it will bring up whichever picture you select. #2 select size you want. I usually had good luck reducing by 2/3's. Made a sharper pic. #3 save. Make a new folder for your reduced pics. When you have all of the pics you want reduced, then you can send to anyone! Just use the paperclip symbol in your email, browse to your new folder and select the pic you want to send. Just as easy as roping a 460! Well maybe a PR. Have fun.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldalkydriver View Post
    Jackie, I just located the one I used online. It was FREE & SIMPLE. Go to www.picresize.com and follow. When you get to their home page, go to #1 which lets you browse your pc. Generally pics are located inC:\Windows\Pictures. But once you browse, it will bring up whichever picture you select. #2 select size you want. I usually had good luck reducing by 2/3's. Made a sharper pic. #3 save. Make a new folder for your reduced pics. When you have all of the pics you want reduced, then you can send to anyone! Just use the paperclip symbol in your email, browse to your new folder and select the pic you want to send. Just as easy as roping a 460! Well maybe a PR. Have fun.
    Sorry Alky , guess I'm just a slow learner--------downloaded the app ok ------then it all turned to worms.
    Thanks for taking the time out to explain things !

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Sorry Alky , guess I'm just a slow learner--------downloaded the app ok ------then it all turned to worms.
    Thanks for taking the time out to explain things !
    www.irfanview.com
    been using it for years

Thread Information