Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sst-45 Progress Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sst-45 Progress Report

JUST FINISHED THE GRAPHICS ! (on one side ) NOW ON TO THE OTHER SIDE!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you will need to change the blue around the numbers to black, per the APBA rule book.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

thanks joe, i have someone that is supposed to put a wide black pinstripe around the numbers. (i think that should do it )

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

opc should be fine
    http://www.spnmotorsports.com

Go Fast - Turn Left!!!

bill boyes

The rule states white on black or the reverse. I suggest that you have a White background and Black Numbers.
    Please do take note from what Joe J says as he is an Inspector and I am a Referee. The numbers are NOT legal even with Black pin striping around the numbers. I would hate to see you not scored do to your numbers. Correct it now or you will have a problem latter.

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.spnmotorsports.com

Go Fast - Turn Left!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default superglue

I have a cheap gearcase for you, and some other stuff. Are you coming to Parker Thanksgiving weekend?
    It don't get no better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

hi bill

i am no coming to parker but if you can PM me what you got and your address i can come by and do some business (at your convinience )

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill boyes View Post
    The rule states white on black or the reverse. I suggest that you have a White background and Black Numbers.
    Please do take note from what Joe J says as he is an Inspector and I am a Referee. The numbers are NOT legal even with Black pin striping around the numbers. I would hate to see you not scored do to your numbers. Correct it now or you will have a problem latter.
    You both are correct in different Catagories....
    OPC Rule #22 in APBA 2010 Rule book.........

RULE 22 • BOAT NUMBERS
    1. Owners are to fasten their assigned numbers to each side of the boat in such a manner that the number is readily visible to the officials. Numbers
    must remain intact throughout the race. Failure of the number to be visible disqualifies the boat. Numbers will be black letters on white background that
    is approximately elliptical or rectangular in shape. The reverse of the preceding is also acceptable. Block characters shall be used and be a minimum of twelve inches (12”) high and a minimum stroke of two inches (2”) whenever possible. Should the background be the same color as the adjacent section of the boat, a 1/2” contrasting, approximately elliptical or rectangular, border is required. Spacing between numbers, and between borders and numbers, must be at least two inches (2”) whenever possible. The legality of any boat numbering is the responsibility of the inspector and the race committee only
    and cannot be protested.

Jr-Stock-Mod-Pro per APBA 2010 Rule Book.......Rule #6 General Racing Rules.....

RULE 6 • RACING NUMBERS
    Each racing member owning a boat or boats shall annually request National Headquarters to assign him/her a racing number for each category raced.
    This number, or numbers, shall be valid for the current membership year. The racing member will use these numbers on all boats of all classes which
    he or she may enter in given category’s races. The racing number shall consist of a letter designating the geographic section of the country where the
    owner resides and an assigned number. The assigned number shall range from 1 to 999. The official racing number must be displayed on both sides of
    the boat in accordance with the following procedures:
    1. Hydroplanes shall be affixed with vertical numbers on both sides of the boat. Numbers must be a minimum of six (6) inches in height and one
    (1) inch stroke where space permits and shall be black on white or white on black. The background must be solid. There shall be at least one (1) inch
    background border around each number and letter, where space permits. There shall be a minimum of one (1) inch spacing between each number and
    letter, where space permits.
    2. In addition to vertical numbers and letters, it is recommended that hydroplanes have deck numbers and letters. These deck numbers should be
    placed on a solid background that contrasts strongly with the color used for the deck numbers.
    3. PRO runabouts shall be affixed with numbers of a color that strongly contrasts with the background. The figures and letters shall be not LESS than
    10 inches in height and the stroke not LESS than 1-1/2 inches wide, if space permits. These numbers must be affixed to both sides of the boat.
    4. Runabouts used in MO and SO classes must be affixed with numbers that are black on a solid white background or white on a solid black
    background. The figures and letters must be at least 6 inches in height and the stroke must be at least 1 inch wide, where space permits. There must
    be at least 1 inch of background around the number, where space permits. There must be a minimum of one (1) inch spacing between each figure and
    letter, where space permits. Numbers must be affixed to both sides of the boat.
    5. It shall be the driver’s responsibility to make the numbers legible. The numbers must be so displayed as to be clearly visible at all times, and shall
    be securely attached in such a manner that they will not be lost or defaced during a race. The race committee shall have the power to warn, or disqualify
    without previous notice, any driver who races with improper or illegible numbers.
    6. A temporary number, such as an “X” or “I”, may be used. However, only one (1) regatta will be allowed without a regular number properly
    displayed on the hull.
    7. In the event one owner enters two boats, both of which carry his/her assigned racing number in the same race, it shall be the owner’s responsibility
    to affix a temporary identifying mark to his/her second entry to assist the scorers in identifying the drivers. The identifying mark shall be in the form
    of the letter “I” following the official racing number. If the owner enters three boats in the same race, the third entry shall have two such identifying
    marks following the official racing number, and so forth. Such temporary marks are for the use of the local headquarters or race committee and have no
    official standing at National Headquarters.
    8. With the exception of the temporary numbers mentioned above, and CBF members using a CBF number, no one will be allowed to compete in a
    regatta without a letter designation and number displayed on the hull.

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick:

Do yourself a favor and paint a rectangle out of black with white letters at leasdt one inch past the edges of every number. Better yet, black numbers on white like Bill says are easier to read through the spray....You never know whena judge decides to not be able to read your numbers, hell we have neon boat that was in a field of 5, the only neon boat on the water at the time.....And, though everyone at the race knew damn well whose boat is was, KT got DQed at a divisional because there is a discretionary zinger in the rule book we did not see, that lets judges DQ you any time they choose to if they claim they can't read the numbers....

So, make a black background around those numbers and be done with it or do white around black numbers and be done with it. KT would have had 800 more points had she not been DQed for that reason....play by the rule book, like it or not....Personally, I think anyone who can't read those numbers needs catarac sugery, but, rules are rules and since I'm not the judge, what I think matters not....
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Thread Information