Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More from EP Class 1977-1985

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Pigott View Post
    Sam, did they run power trim in EP at this time, I was away from boat racing during this period (Darn Go Kart's) an don't know what went on. iF not, Neil has that boat about as high as i ever remember one running. For anybody that doesnt know Neil is Sam's son and was a great driver an National champion. Sam won't tell it, but he got Go Kart racing fever a few years ago LOL.
    Yes they were running trim at this time. He always ran one higher than anyone I ever saw run one. Sometimes I think he ran it too high, May have actually hurt the top speed.

Damn carts. I can't even go in his trailer. The smell of tire treatment gives me the "BIG HEADACHE". However I do still love the smell of castor bean oil!!

Post Thanks / Like

That was Rocky Jordan #370 who hooked it in front of #317 Gene Gary maybe 85-87 at KKK.Im pretty sure that Rocky Didnt get hurt.That earlier pic of # 43 Jeff Titus was with trim and we # 302 were still on the thrust jack.Maybe 87 was the first year for power trim in EP...its been a long time ago....I do remember that after running all those years with a thrust jack,when we did go to power trim I was dangerous with those buttons.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noa Ep

This is Roger Prosser's Critchfield, with S.M. Gordon driving at Geogretown S.C. could have been NOA nat's. Roger was a real character i have a few storys about him for later. The name of his race team was E.T Racing ( Early Times Bourbon). This is a bad pic but the only one I have, Roger taped it on the wall of Dad's shop 30 year's ago and its been there ever since till tonight. Sam may remember him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Roger Prosser:

You are correct about him being a character. Were you at Hazelhurst when he ran the v bottom up between two cypress trees. Roger was the announcer for our last NORA race at Bucksport. He did it on short notice and did a real good job.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe....I knew I had a photo or two of you somewhere, and I found some today. I was actually looking in my journal for notes regarding Dieter Konig and came across notes where you and Sue Ann Callahan were in a battle at the Palacious Firecracker 200 in 1976. A great year for fireworks. You were the victor Joe, and when I can pull up those pics, I will post them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Joe....I knew I had a photo or two of you somewhere, and I found some today. I was actually looking in my journal for notes regarding Dieter Konig and came across notes where you and Sue Ann Callahan were in a battle at the Palacious Firecracker 200 in 1976. A great year for fireworks. You were the victor Joe, and when I can pull up those pics, I will post them.
    Thanks, Wayne, good to hear from you! But it was 1977, not 1976. My 4th race in that summer of new beginning since 1960.

Joe

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, there was FE-EP before 1977!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Joe, there was FE-EP before 1977!
    Didn't say there wasn't!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, NOA had 40 to 50 cu. inch in the 1960's and early 70's.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roger Prosser

Roger Had been looking for a boat for a while ,he buys this Allison an motor an brings it to dad to ck out . Dad looks at the motor an calls Roger to tell him his motor is souped up to much an needs a new block.Roger does not understand this but buys a new block. when the motor is ready he an a friend come to get it. we back the boat in the shop Roger gets in the seat with his no telling how many glasses of Early Times. his friend Wayne an i are putting the motor on the boat, Roger is still in the seat drinking.Wayne says Roger you need to get back here an learn how to do this. Roger says Wayne i don't want to know nothing about that all i want to do is drive he must have said this ten times As Sam said in his post his first race at Hazelhurst GA. the boat hooked an went between two trees the front of that Allison was about 2 feet wide this was Roger's first an last race. He hired him a driver after that an raced for many years.Funny thing about the trees Roger owned a logging company

Thread Information