Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dope vs Epoxy or?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dope

is off the legal in the knit wit state of California for sale list. Matter of fact, the stuff that is legal is only legal in 3.5oz jars...So, rather than buy a quart like i needed, I bought a quart in the evuivelent of 3.5OZ jars....Where do these morns who make the laws governing this crap come from?

On the cool note....The joint I got the fake Dope from had every form of WW1, WW2, Korean through current aircraft hanging on the cieling.

They had an FA-18 Hornet, 8' long with 2 mini jet engines, retractable landing gear, machine guns and rockets that really fire, and an ejection seat.

The plane flies at 250 real MPH, 1.5 times faster than the pilot can think!

Cost, $2500 for the plane, $4,000 in RC servo junk,, and $10,000 in jet engines...they sold 12 of them last year!

Also for sale Miss Elan in a 4' long boat, $650.00 with 2 stroke motor.
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Post Thanks / Like

Bill,

I had a guy offer to let me fly his jet via a buddy box (2 transmitters with one being the master and one for the "student pilot"), I turned him down saying that if I couldn't afford to repair/replace it if I crashed it I didn't want to fly it. I have an electric ducted fan jet that will do around 110 and that is plenty fast for me.

I guess that Aircraft Spruce wouldn't sell you a quart of nitrate? Bummer, part of the reason I left Calif in 1994.

Jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    is off the legal in the knit wit state of California for sale list. Matter of fact, the stuff that is legal is only legal in 3.5oz jars...So, rather than buy a quart like i needed, I bought a quart in the evuivelent of 3.5OZ jars....Where do these morns who make the laws governing this crap come from?

On the cool note....The joint I got the fake Dope from had every form of WW1, WW2, Korean through current aircraft hanging on the cieling.

They had an FA-18 Hornet, 8' long with 2 mini jet engines, retractable landing gear, machine guns and rockets that really fire, and an ejection seat.

The plane flies at 250 real MPH, 1.5 times faster than the pilot can think!

Cost, $2500 for the plane, $4,000 in RC servo junk,, and $10,000 in jet engines...they sold 12 of them last year!

Also for sale Miss Elan in a 4' long boat, $650.00 with 2 stroke motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry:

Yep, i love this state and hate all the knit wits....But, got my fake Dope, got the wood filled, wet sand tomorrow and ready for paint.

The money these RC guys spend is unfreeken real! Real mini turbines for RC boats and real jets for airplanes....$5,000 a copy!

Then, i forgot..... A Vaux Corsair, 9' wingspan with get this, a working twin 9 cylinder radial engine, just like the real deal. It produces 95 HP! The plane flies like the real deal, if you crank the throttle too fast it will barrel roll.

Then some guy had a 4' long off road car with a blown fuel injected V-8 motor....Where do they get the money?
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Post Thanks / Like

Not all RC modelers spend huge amounts of money on their models. I mostly fly indoor acrobatic models that cost less than $150 with replacement airframes as cheap as $15 if I cut them out myself. The group that I fly with are pretty active and we fly at least once a week. All of our models are electric powered, the cost of electric models has come way down and some of the motors cost less than $10, the new Lithium Polymer batteries from China can cost as little as $4, so it can be a pretty cheap hobby if approached right.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike:

This one was a 50CC Tanaka motor, and had one of Ron's props on it. The guy who owns the store has it and is tired of it....Don't worry, I'm not doing any RC stuff. I have too much going on in life and business right now to play with the stuff, so I figure if I can't run it then why bother, right? The one RC toy that looked the most fun was the V-8 dune buggy, but I'm not so sure how those miniture V-8's cool under load. most of them I've seen run on engine stands and have open water tanks rather than radiators to cool. Get that thing cranking out at Ocotillo Wells and I'm not so sure it would not stick from the heat.
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Thread Information