Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trail ends........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trail ends........

After working 51 years I retire next week. I have spent most of that time working in industrial automation designing special machines for assembling house whole products of all types. The last ten years have been very hard to the automation field. I know of a dozen USA automation houses that have gone out of business because of the decline of manufacturing in this country. Hundreds if not thousands have left the field. Our knowhow is being lost and the country will suffer.

I like to say I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but I’m truly afraid it’s a train.

Boys and girls I’m sorry to report our generation has left our kids this great country in a mess. All the snappy talk from TV talking heads and our elected leaders is not repairing any of the damage.

The country works when we all are busy. It a big engine of opportunity, the more money we make the more we spend, the richer everyone become and life is good. Make local, and buy local. Keep a job for your neighbor.

ProHydroRacer.......Kurps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting Times

To me the decline of boat racing is much like the decline of this country. The only area I see doing anything in boating is V-Drives where you have to build the boat from the bottom up. As you said, Bill, busy is good.

Everyone wants turn key stuff that's COOL!!!!

Myself, I see the future this way:

First, America will go broke. AND all the people who get government hand outs will be right riled!
    Second, people will use up all their stored ammo.
    Third, people here will figure out that the Chinese work 12 hour days for $1.24 an hour, not 8 hour days for $20.
    Fourth, if you want to borrow money, the money will be based on GOLD, and you'll need to convince the person loaning you the money that you can pay it back.

In 1969, I made $7,200 a year, my house was four bedrooms and cost $25,000. In today's market that house is still over $500,000. A second year teacher makes $65,000. AND the government taxes is the big winner. A car was $2,500, NOW THEY ARE $25,000 ( UP TEN FOLD, INCOME TAXES ARE UP, SALES TAXES ARE UP).

INFLATION, no boarder control, no protection of U.S. products that pay for wars, retirement, medical ARE PROBLEMS. I'm not really a free trader. Honda cars are assembled here, parts are made in Japan or CHINA

If you think we've left this generation in touble, wait until the NEXT PERSIDENT COMES ALONG, the next generation will never know what our generation had, without major changes here in the good old U.S.A.

I feel the INTERNET will save us, before all my prediction of doom and gloom come to life!! People aren't listening to CBS, CNN, Oprah and other TV "SHOWS", they are starting to THINK for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy While I agree with

the statement that our country is in dire straits... Outboard drag racing in the south is ramping up for another GREAT year! The Deep South Racing Assoc averaged 50 something boats per race last year with a high of over 90 at our Finals in Gulfport MS. ROCK ON DSRA!!!!!

As far as our country goes... the prognosis is grim at best. Our elected leaders have failed us at every opportunity. Congress is an utter failure and has been for a while now. So much for Govt FOR the people, BY the people... That concept has been long since forgotten. Now it's 'career politicians, protect your jobs at the expense of the American people.'

My how embarrassed our founding fathers would be....
    Russ Rogers
    Fort Worth (Hell's Half Acre), TX

http://www.caldwellracingtechnology.com/

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a sad thing Bill. America showed the world how to design, manufacture and build the greatest products. It was the unions, lawyers and politicians that killed the most efficient, durable and finest products ever manufactured on the face of the earth. I wish you the best, and I know you are one of the type that will not retire to the rocking chair. The knowledege you have can only be gained from experience. We've gone through the same thing in the oilfield. When the oilfield came back, all they had was the retired guys and the new entries that liked the money. Consultants made more than they ever made on salary because when times got tough....the middle guys bailed.

Thread Information