Thread: Wayne Baldwin's Amazing Story: Baldy's Eual Eldred Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like

I was only 4 years old at the time, so I don't remember this, but what I do remember a few years later was, " Give 'em hell, Harry"!

America could use a few good men with "BALLS" like Truman, MacArthur, and Nimitz today!

Post Thanks / Like

"delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick main stream media"

I wonder if Truman realized that he had discovered what would turn out to be the beginning of the end of the GREAT AMERICAN POLITICATIONS. Would be nice to have leaders that have guts enough recognize and to tell it like it is.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Now Dick and Gene, You know we can't do that because it might hurt someones feelings, and then we would have to go to sensitive training to get these bad thoughts out of our minds. And if that don't work then more extensive training will be done, This was and has been tried before, and is being done daily at the Government schools we proudly send our kids to. Oh I guess I need some sensitivity training, Sorry! Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

I drive a school bus during the school year. I see everyday how WELL our government schools are working. We are in deep DO-DO!
    We provide transportation for the parochial schools as well.
    The product they (parochial schools) turn out is far better than the public schools.
    The best kids I deal with on the 5 routes I drive daily, are the Catholic kids from St. Peters.
    My Hard-shell Baptist Grandmother would be spinning in her grave if she heard me say that.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to get political on this thread. I just wanted to tell Baldy's story from my point of view. He was very political in his points of view, and that's where my viewpoints come from. Baldy was very savvy on what could happen if our politicians didn't change, and it turns out what he told me in 1968 has come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Lost my dad two and a half years ago, and while it was an appropriate time for him to go, at 91 years old but with his mind still good, I sure do miss him sometimes. Or maybe I miss the old days, that he was so much a part of. It's funny what we pick up from our dads. I didn't end up with his rather simplistic politics for instance, yet I can see where mine do come from his baseline ethics and attitudes. He had his faults, but I wouldn't trade dads with anyone. I sure wish I had met your dad though, Wayne, from your stories of him and from the descriptions of other old racers who knew the two of you. Keep the stories coming; this sort of thing seems to me to be the very best kind of tribute any dad could get from his kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I didn't want to get political on this thread. I just wanted to tell Baldy's story from my point of view. He was very political in his points of view, and that's where my viewpoints come from. Baldy was very savvy on what could happen if our politicians didn't change, and it turns out what he told me in 1968 has come true.
    Wayne, I'm sorry if I have been a party to straying from the purpose of this thread.

We all learn from our Fathers, May we always honor them in all we do.

Thank you so much for all you do to perpetuate precious memories for all of us.

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

It was there that the 200mph barrier was cracked for the first time. It was I believe in 1973 and I took pictures.
    Wayne,

Was that Eddie Hill out of Wichita Falls, Texas?

Dean.............................................. .................................................. .............................
    Dean Hobart

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say though, that I would never had remembered as much as I have since I started this thread without a lot of deep thinking and triggers. If it were not for BRF, and people like you, Joe Rome, Bill Van and others who have expressed an interest, I could not have been inspired to do this. I thank everyone who has had an interest in following this thread because I feel it in some ways reflects a lot of the same things they did when racing, and we all share the common love of boat racing. Boat racing will never be the same. It never was and never will be. Things change, but it's fun to look back at some of the things us boat racers of the era did and saw. And this gives me a good time to remind all you young boat racers out there to take pictures, take notes, and pack rat them away for the future like Ron, Danny, Lars and others have done. And Marlee.....thanks much. A lot of people will be thanking you in the future for what you are doing today.
    Wayne,

These "Mouth Watering Stories" of Boat Racing, Baldy's Recipes, and Texas Barbeque are fantastic.

Thanks,

Dean Hobart............................................ ..........
    Dean Hobart

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to refer back to my article in Motorsport Dean. It could have been Eddie Hill, but I do not recall. If not, it was just before he started making his mark.

I've been thinking about the next recipe for awhile Dean, and I haven't been able to decide which one. I know I need to do it soon though. I was just getting onto our first APBA race, but got in the middle of a major remodel of our master bathroom (not my idea of course, but doesn't mean I don't have to play a part), and so I have not been able to put together the next part of Baldy's story. I will check out who the driver and boat were though very soon.

Thread Information