In the meantime, Bud Turcotte helped Mark and I testing the boats. We all went riding in Mark's Continental....taking turns, and took water skiing and wake surfing breaks. We all were in the spring semester of school, so we did all that stuff in the weekends.

The girls from St. Mary's found that their friends liked very much to come down to spend the weekend in South Texas, and their parents were cool with that. As a consequence, I started dating Ginger Lowery, and...we always hauled off in a car or two to a dance somewhere within thirty to fourty miles away. The close ones were country and western, and we didn't listen to, dance to, or weren't welcome to those dances.

Jimi Hendrix had come on the scene with "Hey Joe", "Fire" and a little bit later "Purple Haze". It was shortly to be named the psychedelic era. This was the very beginning of it in our part of the world. I removed the dome light in my red and white Dodge Polara and installed a red light. We would sit in the car with the AM radio turned on illuminating us in a red glow while listening to Vanilla Fudge, The Doors, The Byrds, The Animals, and Jimi Hendrix.