I had not met up with Joe Bowdler since that first encounter a few weeks earlier. Texas A & I was known as a "suitcase college" back then, but Joe wasn't just going back to San Antonio on weekends to see family and friends, it was time to get everything cleaned up and ready for the upcoming 1968 racing season. I was busy doing a lot of that myself. In fact our new shop was ready in the backyard and we were busy putting in the motor racks, shelving and tool racks.

I did see Steve Jones a couple of times then. I don't remember how he tracked me down, but as an independant salesman, he traveled and could pretty much set his own agenda. The first time he found me sitting in my car waiting for a class he was selling popcorn that was in a throwaway aluminum skillet with metal wire handle. The foil covering was designed to expand as the corn popped. This was seven years before I ever saw a microwave oven, and this was designed to be popped on a stove, or I guess it would work in an oven, but you would not be able to shake the little pan as the corn was popping.

About this time two months later Steve was selling Red Man chewing tobacco. These were the first two of many products I came to know that Steve sold over the years I have known him. He was a good salesman, but he also had his eye out over the horizon always chasing the rainbow.

One thing he was quizzing me about though was if he thought he could get a distributorship to sell MX-237 The Master Oil. I told him he needed to talk to Baldy, but I thought something could be worked out. Steve's Dad Bill Jones had just retired from the postal service and wanted not only to be able to supplement his retirement, but give him something to do. Bill and Steve met with Baldy and talked him into giving them a Manufacturer's Rep position selling to refineries, industry, parts houses, etc. in the Corpus Christi area and vicinity. As it turned out, Bill Jones ended up running with it and Steve doing a little help on the side, but Bill sold Master oil from 1968 until he retired sometime in the early 90's.