Thread: Wayne Baldwin's Amazing Story: Baldy's Eual Eldred Baldwin

Threaded View

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had originally wanted to post a picture of us with Bobby Olsen at the start on the earlier post, but I scanned the wrong one. Here is one though of Clayton Elmer on the inside, Jerry Waldman in the middle and me on the outside. If you look at the wakes you can see that there are a bunch ahead of us. This is a heat of the A hydro finals. Look closely and you can see some clues. I started late many times because I didn't like jumping the gun. I know my position in the boat, and so I was all out. To the left of me was Jerry Waldman, and he was committed too, and all out. To the left of Jerry is Clayton Elmer, not quite down in racing position. You can see in his roostertail that he had backed off momentarily and was probably just about to drop the hammer. The kid in the forefront is looking at the early starters that were about to jump the gun, or were really slowing down. The other guy seems like he is taking the whole picture in. I do not specifically remember this heat, but I am sure it is the one where Jerry Waldman won and I finished second.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information