Thread: Wayne Baldwin's Amazing Story: Baldy's Eual Eldred Baldwin

Threaded View

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan didn't quit in 1970 Stan. He just didn't maintain a high profile, but he always was there at the Lone Star Races. Dan didn't travel any further than Beaumont that I can recall. I am not sure, but I think he may have gotten a new looper and runabout around the time you mention Stan.

I kind of knew a little bit about the Henderson's beginnings, but thanks for telling us how all that came about Stan. I first remember Joe and Denny at Garza Little Elm in Dallas on July 3rd 1966. Denny spun out in A or B hydro and got a serious slice from the prop on his ankle. I have posted in by scrapbook the Dallas Morning News story of that.

This is a scan from a contact sheet instead of the negative I took of Dan at the APBA/Lone Star Western Divisionals in San Antonio in May 1976. My darkroom has been a total mess for more than a year. I have cabinets halfway complete to file magazine holders in order to try to get some semblance of order. I have a number of unanswered E mails or PM's because I haven't had enough time to get to what I'm looking for, scan, post, then refile. I never thought when I posted my first comment on BRF that I would get so tied up with boat racing again. I'm rambling now....but thanks to all you boat racers out there that have contributed so much to our precious and dwindling history.

So here is the pic of Dan

ADD: Stan...I hope you can find that picture of Denny. Priceless.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information