Thread: Wayne Baldwin's Amazing Story: Baldy's Eual Eldred Baldwin

Threaded View

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned previously, we moved our horses to Alice, on 30 acres behind Alice Specialty so I would be able to take care of them without having to drive thirty miles one way to the lake every day. I used them for another photo assignment for class. Soon after we started racing Baldy parceled them out to cousins that lived on ranches nearby. Everything from that point on would be focused on boat racing.

Second pic left to right. Brenda's Tennessee Walking Horse "Dolly", "Bumble" the mare that foaled Mark's horse "Stinger" the next one to the right, and my horse "Nikki". Not shown are "Nikki's" "Mom" "Smokey", or "Smokey II", or Jan's Welsh Pony "Gus". If anyone ever thinks about getting a shetland pony for their kids, forget about it. They are mean, stubborn, selfish and bite people. A welsh pony is taller than a shetland, but shorter than a horse. They love people, horses, and dogs. They are smarter than other horses and enjoy taking kids for rides.

I wish I would have at least saved my saddle, but we cleared everything out of the tack room to make a place for the race motors and parts. I had never worked on any kind of engine before, and Baldy thought that would be something good to learn.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information