I just bought a sport c boat with a blown up yamaha 30 on it. Got a great deal on it and have another use for the trailer. I put a mostly stock powerhead on it with a stock lower unit, as the lower that came with it needs to be reputtied.
Currently its running at 46mh on gps with Seebold prop at 6200 r's, which Im not too upset about. I can't wait for it to warm up and be able to take this boat out to the water parties!

My questions are:
1: There is some play between the steering wheel and drum (havent pulled apart and checked it out yet), the drum is down at my feet. Also the right side cable is tight inside the housing. It uses a bicycle brake cable like cable... just a whole lot larger. Is this system still around and if so can I get new cables? Or should I change to, the easy found, drum and cable system where the drum is bolted directly to the wheel?

2: I remember stumbling across a while ago and have tried search but with no luck. Who built the motors and painted them blue? There is some serious port work done along with larger carbs and "Merit" head.
Is there anyway to get a hold of this feller or find out who made/makes the sleeves and or pistons?

3: What rpm is safe to turn this motor up to?

4: The boat came with 3 different Seebold props. 2 have the same style hub and the other uses another. Any one know about his props and hub setups or where to get new hubs? Also should a mostly stock motor be able to turn this prop that high when it came off a heavilly moded motor? Or do they turn them that many more rpm?

Thanks for any info ya'll have.

EDIT: Looks like the prop is probably a 15" pitch at around 5% slippage or a 16" at 10%.