Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Manfred Loth

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another name to remember from the past, Manfred Loth

Ralph Donald, Steve Litzell and others who raced in Europe in the 80s would have raced against and (sorry Ralph and Steve!) probably been beaten by Manfred because in his time, he was almost unbeatable.

Being a Berliner, Manfred had a close relationship with the König factory and for all intense and purposes, was a works driver along with the likes of Hans-Georg and Peer Krage. But in addition to having the best of engines and boats (he favoured Danisch boats) Manfred also had the talent to go with it!

He quite often raced a couple of classes in one race meeting and you would see him finish a race, and jump straight into another boat, still fresh as a daisy. And as far as his race results were concerned, these speak for themself - multiple world & europe championships to his name

Prior to starting boat racing Manfred raced motorbikes and now that he has finished with boats, he's reverted back http://www.classic-motorrad.de/winni...manne_loth.htm (I hope your German is up to scratch)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is the translated version:

Bear in mind, that some of the wording is kind of off due to the simple translator used on this site. Someone who spoke both German and English would do a much better job adding "personal polish" to the wording:

http://translate.google.ca/translate...z%3D1W1ADFA_en

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Corin. Manfred was just starting out his boat racing career as mine was ending, but I do remember him. I did either not know at the time, or else forgot he had such previous success with motorcycle racing. He had such a natural ability at that time, I thought he had been racing boats for years because he commanded a lot of respect from other European boat racers.

Thread Information