Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aeromarine Research Tunnel Hull program

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aeromarine Research Tunnel Hull program

Has anyone used this software and can someone help me understand the output and purpose of the 3 optimization modes; Optimize for Angle, Power and Velocity..... Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Contact Jim directly, he will be more than willing to help you
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Infoless Racer View Post
    Has anyone used this software and can someone help me understand the output and purpose of the 3 optimization modes; Optimize for Angle, Power and Velocity..... Thanks
    Sure...

Velocity Optimize – [Trim Angle specified, Maximum Limiting Velocity determined] - use to get an estimate of the velocity that is achievable at a specified trim angle (WAngle) OR (with Auto Wangle = ON) to determine your Maximum Limiting Velocity (Trim Angle also determined). NOTE: Maximum Limiting Velocity is the maximum velocity that the hull has potential to achieve based on available Power and unlimited Trim Settings.

Angle Optimize – [Max Power specified, Trim Angle determined] - the most flexible and informative analysis mode. Great for investigation of WAngle (trim angle) required throughout the velocity range, based on the Maximum Power available. Results present all performance results and dynamic stability and porpoising analysis. Many experienced TBDP©/VBDP© users make this mode their mainstay for performance analysis.

Power Optimize – [Trim Angle specified, Power Required determined] - this mode is used for easy investigation of how much Power is required through the velocity range, based on a specified WAngle. WAngle (trim angle) can be set by the user for each velocity increment, using any of several 'trim scenario' setups TBDP©/VBDP© presents analysis of acceleration and elapsed time through the velocity range, along with all the other performance results and dynamic stability analysis results.

Check out the guide to TBDP Inputs (Boat Setup Input) on AR website.

Give me a call anytime, if you'd like some help or want to discuss.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cowling input

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboat View Post
    Check out the guide to TBDP Inputs (Boat Setup Input) on AR website.

Give me a call anytime, if you'd like some help or want to discuss.

Jim

From your posted link the "Cowlheight front..." and "Cowlwidth..." copied below have the same definition?
    A typo I suppose?
    -----------------------
    Cowling

Cowltype (-) type of cowling design, either(1) OPEN faired front and rear cowlings, with exposed driver cockpit. (2) CANOPY type with integral or closed, faired cockpit enclosure, like with a safety cell. (3) NONE open cockpit with no fairings. (4) Cuddy Cabin

Cowlheigh rear (in) Height of REAR COWL from the deck surface to the maximum point above the deck surface.

Cowlheight front (in) Width of COWL or fairing at the widest point.

Cowlwidth (in) Width of COWL or fairing at the widest point.

Open Deck (ft) Length of open (unobstructed) deck fore of the cockpit.

Post Thanks / Like

zul8tr - yes. you're right. I've corrected the website (typo). I am not sure which version of TBDP software you have, but your TBDP User manual reflects proper info (but no typo!). thanks.
    Just give me a call if you would like any help. We're always here to talk about boat design and performance, or to help with use of software.

[See newest software version updates here]

Also, Vee Boat Design Program software.

Thread Information