Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elizabeth Jane Dortch get well wishes...

Post Thanks / Like

Norma and I attended the memorial service for Liz yesterday.

At Liz's request, it was a very informal but fitting celebration of a life well lived.

The service was held in 2 adjoining parlors of the funeral home and since Liz had requested her remains be cremated, there was no casket to draw you to the mourners.

The first person I met that I knew was "Little John". Can you believe he's 62 years old and we still call him "Little John"?

We chatted for a while and then I asked him, "Where's your Dad"? In typical boat racer fashion he said, "Go to Rex Hall and TURN LEFT".

All of us who knew Liz knew how special she was and she was always an attractive lady. John showed me a picture of her when they were dating 70 years ago.

She was a knockout!

The minister who led the service seemed amazed at the number of people who attended the service from out of the area. He also commented on the condolences received from around the country.

Obviously he was not a boat racer! I think he now understands we are not just a group of people who share an interest, We are a family!

Post Thanks / Like

Default We are Family

Gene we all know why we loved all these years is because it is a family and we lost one of our sisters. It is hard for some people to understand but it is what we loved about Boat racing is the FAMILY.

Post Thanks / Like

I hated to hear the news of Liz's passing. It was just a week ago last friday that we were having a family get together at my younger brothers house and I had asked my dad if he had talked to John lately. I had mentioned that we need to get ahold of him and try to get together because I remember the last time John was at Depue he told me that Liz was not doing good health wise. Then about a week later we get the bad news. I guess I am just trying to say that if there are people that you love and havent seen for awhile take the time to go see them or at least give them a phone call. We all will miss Liz and if you havent called John please give him a call.

Thread Information