Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Stock Outboard Class: Mini Formula 1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Stuff

Well done Glenno not long now mate!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default two blade outboard prop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any experience in what I am proposing re two and three blade props. I have a 11.5 foot tunnel hull with a standard 25hp tohatsu with a three blade worked 10 by 18 merc chopper. the boat has reached 96.1kph or just under 60mph. Will a two blade prop like a old bp 1250 stacker prop say around 19 to 20 pitch work ( with the diamiter cut down to around ten inch). Does less blades but more pitch still allow motor to rev like more blades less pitch? I know trying props is always the best ticket but I was hoping for any one who has maybee tried this theory out. Thanks for any info and even for posible 1000, 1250 right hand stacker props that anyone wants to sell.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

any luck with to 2 blader Glenno

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet mate. I have shaved that 11 by 15 down to 9 inch dia and thinned. But that prop is just for the tinnie, hopeing for 65 to 68kph with the 15hp. see you on friday.
    Glenno

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, i am new to this forum, however not new to boating, growing up on Brisbane Waters on the central coast, going boating every chance since i was 13. started out with 9.8merc on a build a boat plan UFO.
    Loved race boats since then. I currently have a10ft fibreglass tunnel with a 25hp merc, just placed order today for a chopper II 10x18. I run power trim, foot throttle, elec start. More a social boat as it sits 2 side by side.
    However i have a 9ft hydro tunnel ,fibreglass that i set up for top speed with the same motor.
    Could i run this boat in the mini f1 class? i think power trim is not allowed?
    very keen to get into racing with you guys, even if have to build another ply tunnel...any info guys?
    Im willing to travell, buy insurance etc etc.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mini f1

Hi mate, sorry about the late responce.
    You should come down to a club day @ Upper Hawksberry Power Boat Club and check it all out, race dates are on the UHPBC home page. Have a chat to us all there and we are more than happy to steer you in the right direction.
    Some notes to consider are:
    1) No power trim in the 25hp class but if you race in the 550cc supersport class I think you are allowed.
    2) Outrigger cable steering, kill lanyard switch, leg strap race life jacket, full race suit, orange helmet with australian standards plark, maritime registered boat and pass scruteneering before the meet.
    3)You will need a APBA race licence and your boat to be race registered.

All sound like a lot of hassel but it is all really easy and verry worth it, Racing boats is the biggest thrill and great value in the small classes.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, finally got onto this forum after much trouble. but still havnt really figured it out. anyone know who is turning up to uhpbc clubday this sunday?

Patrick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome, Patrick...

I'm not sure why people are having troubles signing up or getting back on, but I do know that on riverdavesplace.com I'm back on but can't post a picture....

What troubles did you encounter?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i had to try 3 different email accounts before it would accept one and then it took about a month for my account to be approved and for it to work.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default re- sunday club day

Hi mate,
    I will not be there on sunday- kids Christmas concert!
    Did your new boat turn up yet? any pics?
    See you soon Pat,
    Glenno

Thread Information