Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legends of Boat Racing Reunion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    http://photographybyjessicab.blogspo...1_archive.html

Woud you want a book made FROM the reunion?? Or before???

Both??

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Reunion book

Hi everybody--Bill mentioned that there was a thread about the reunion and publishing a book, so I thought I would Post something. I think it is a great idea to put something together before it is lost forever. A few years back I thought it would be a good idea to put a book together for the museum at APBA Not a very good plan. No one was interested. This publication will be for everyone in the pits and they are the people who deserve it.
    I would be glad to give some of my pictures to the project and will be more than willing to volunteer at the reunion for whatever needs to be done.
    Let me Know!
    Eileen Van Steenwyk

Post Thanks / Like

Default DePue and 2011

You should see if the Village of DePue and the Men's club about helping out with this. I read this article in the local newspaper online and it appears 2011 ia also the 150th anniversery celebration of the Village of DePue.

http://www.bcrnews.com/articles/2010...grkg/index.xml

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like rooms may be at a premium!

Plan on making your reservations well in advance.

Team Switzercraft TomAprilsSwitzers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Switzercraft Regatta & Hot Boat Rally 2010

Please feel free to join us at the 8th Annual Switzercraft Regatta and Hot Boat Rally. This is an annual get together of fans and owners of the Sport and Race boats of the past. Everything from 8ft racers to 38ft off shores.
    This year it will be held at THE BIG BASIN MARINA in Channahon Illinois,
    boats,cars and other modes of transport will start arriving at 10am, we will have a quick river run at noon then back for lunch (bring a basket or eat at the marinas bar). Then after that some of us will be doing speed runs for the crowd, and maybe some rides.
    Also this year THE MOTORHEADS OF ILLINOIS antique outboard club will be joining us and having a swap meet.
    For pictures of our past Regattas go to www.freewebs.com/switzercraftreunionregattas/ or go to yahoo groups and look for the 2 Switzercraft sites there.
    Thanks, Tom Arambasich

Post Thanks / Like

You are also invited to the second annual OFF (Old Farts Forever) meeting from October 14th through the 18th in Jupiter, Florida. This event hosted by Steve Sirois(Bill's brother) and Jim Hauser was the most fun I have had standing upright in years. Last year we had parties at two separate locations, tours of the Geico race team shop, and static race boat displays. This year thanks to Cadillac McDaniels we will have in water flybys and driving/riding opportunities in a wild collection of vintage hulls including Powercats, Molinari's, Offshore hulls, and inboard and OB hydros...My wing will also be there as will the Miss Diablo.

Look for people like Alan Brown, Jerry Gilbreath, Odell Lewis, Johnny Bakos, Howie Stein, Kenny Kitson, Billy Seebold, Bert Serra, Tom Stickle, Gene Lanham, Bill Welch, George Linder, Gene Bianco, Jim Hunt, Chick Gagen, and a raft of others........

It was amazing last year and this year promises to be even better......

T2x
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 2011 Will Be Here Fast

We are starting to make some plans. More later but feel free to join in here!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be working with Tim Chance on the book, but I think Joe and I need to put our heads together on drivers from our area. We had a heck of a circuit of our own within the Lone Star Boat Racing Association and many of our drivers never went further than Louisiana. They won lots of races and finished high in the NOA World Championships at Alexandria...especially in runabout...but never made the trek north. Until 1972 there was no reason to because there were too many big races in the South to take time away to go to DePue. After 1972 things changed. NOA was going down, and AOF was just starting. So a lot of us from the South started going to DePue. It was just a few at first, but by 1974 a number of Texans took the trip.

My point is.....when I start working with Tim on the book....I don't plan to include drivers that didn't go to DePue. That's not to say that drivers should be excluded because they didn't race there. I just don't have the time to do the work to include all the racers I know. We still have to flesh out how the book will go, but in the meantime, anyone wanting to be included needs to put together a bio. If you are left out, most likely it will be because you didn't send in your info....or you waited too late.

Post Thanks / Like

As Wayne said, if you aren't in the book, it will probably be your own fault. I have spent quite a bit of time on it already and it should (will) be a limited edition hard cover collectors item.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim....I need to start sending you some photos and info very soon. How do you want the photos? Will e mails do or do you need it on a dvd or flash drive? Also sizing. Does that make a difference for you?

Thread Information