Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APBA's Vintage & Historic Chairman steps down

Post Thanks / Like

how did you happen to have a Terrill .Wade died in about 1975. And was a great Friend of mine all the best Dave
    David Bryan

RogerH

Default Terril Craft

Quote Originally Posted by david bryan View Post
    how did you happen to have a Terrill .Wade died in about 1975. And was a great Friend of mine all the best Dave
    Dave,
    Steve Cox purchased the R-7 Richocet that Pete DeLachner raced with a Merc 650. They restored the boat and first had a Merc800 and then a Merc 1000 on it. I purchased the boat from Steve and now it is with a good friend (Jim Bedette) in Canandaigua NY.
    When I talked with Pete about the boat he told me the story of how the R-7 came to be. Apparently Pete was at Wade's shop at a time that Wade had a F-DeSilva runabout there for repair. Pete mentioned that he wanted on of those big runabouts and Wade said he'd make him one using the DeSilva as a "copy". Most people that see the boat think it is a DeSilva.
    I'm building a 650 (4-cyl) to go back on that boat. I know of a Parker midsection that I hope to get to match what Pete used to run. Waiting for my stimulus money to arrive - LOL!
    Take care,
    Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Pet and Dick Davidson ran the boat at topock in was a money race and said that was the only time they ran it in a APBA race thanks
    David Bryan

RogerH

Default Picture @ Topock

Quote Originally Posted by david bryan View Post
    Pet and Dick Davidson ran the boat at topock in was a money race and said that was the only time they ran it in a APBA race thanks
    I think this picture was taken at Topock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Topock OK!!!

You'd never recognize it today. FIlled in from a flood anfull of tall water grass.

Nice prop on that Merc 1000 of Steve Cox's I'll bet!

RogerH

Default Question at Hand - Vintage & Outboards - Prop

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    You'd never recognize it today. FIlled in from a flood anfull of tall water grass.

Nice prop on that Merc 1000 of Steve Cox's I'll bet!
    Yes, I remember Steve saying you had a lot to do with that. Basically, the motor is way too heavy and arguably too powerful for the boat. That's why we're planning on building a 650 for it again.

Inboards & Outboards in Vintage:::::
    I'd really like to know if this would make a good thread topic and garner some constructive suggestions on how the two can exists and what elements are needed to make a Vintage event work for both. Some of my thoughts are in my previous post, but maybe we ought to start a new thread?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information