Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ethonol proof fuel lines

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ethonol proof fuel lines

Is there a fuel line that is ethonol proof...I have used merc line omc lines after market..they all fail some way..I was goin to try the green tygon stuff that the small engine guys and motorcycles use ...anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Industrial use
    There are several formulations of Tygon that are used in industrial applications.
    Tygon Fuel and Lubricant Tubing F-4040-A is translucent yellow for positive identification and flow monitoring. It is used in small engine fuel lines, recreational vehicles, and lubrication lines.
    Tygon LP1000 is a low permeation California Air Resources Board (CARB) rated small engine fuel line and Tygon LP100 is a low permeation United States Environmental Protection Agency‎ approved material also used in small engines.
    Tygon R-3400 UV Resistant Tubing is black in color and opaque. It remains flexible in ultraviolet environments and is often used for electrical insulation lines, ink and adhesive dispensing, and fertilizer and pesticide dispensing. Because it is resistant to UV light, ozone and weathering, it is commonly used in outdoor applications.
    I don't know how UV resistant the green is. I guess you could leave a small piece outside and find out.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't remember the name of the product or where Chris found it, but the intended use of the fuel line used by Quincy Welding was beer dispensing.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fuel line

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    Don't remember the name of the product or where Chris found it, but the intended use of the fuel line used by Quincy Welding was beer dispensing.
    the tygon fuel line is ok i us alcohol in my banshee and it does not eat it (but) if you live it in the sun for to long it just gets cloudy and kinda hard the tygon i use is yellow can pick it up at the local mower shop or bumper to bumper

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chemical resistant tubing:

Try usplastics.com.

Thread Information