Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 RESTORED KONIG B-ALKYS FROM THE 1950s

Post Thanks / Like

Right about the Quincy siamese pipes for Konigs, Sam; Jack Reed had one on his FC when he set the competition record in '64.
    Uhhhh, I'm looking at the cylinder head on that FB, and the plugs look to be offset to the same side; never saw that before. So the owner has the cylinders pointed the "right" way after all. Interesting. Must be a better Konig historian around here than me, who can remember all this stuff . . . ??

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Litzell stops by once in a while, but no one really took the time to start from the beginning and some parts of the Konig story are fuzzy.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default They do look like Shadows alright and examinations show they are shadows

Yes, I think that is more than likely shadows because I compared some more pictures that show those areas intact in those. Just gotta get those camera gun slingers with their digitals to try a little harder not to get their shadow on what they are photoing it especially that has auto-flash that won't work on a sunny day if set that way, so we these kind of shadows, that a true fill in flash would not allow.

I got to thinking about how much it would take to restore an Anzani I have that not only lifted/blew both the piston crowns off but also fired its rods out the front of the crankcase as they broke never mind them bouncing off the cast iron block too tearing out the cast iron port holes, where people 50 feet away got their clothing penetrated by shcrap! Never in a million years! The way everyone ran away from it all that was left behind were shadows of where they once stood! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I had people running away from my FB too before I switched to phelon CD. The fiber gear on top of the mag parted ways and sent the pieces flying!!

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Know That Problem On Anzani(s) So They Rubber Buffered The Gear Mount System

Anzanis with that Prince of Darkness - Lucas magento had a similar gear drive system where the gear ring was under the flywheel, meshing to the fiber gear on the Lucas magneto. The factory mount was very hard on the fiber gear so the fibergear was redrilled to accomodate round rubber plugs and then capped to hold the gear in a buffered rubber mounting system. Gear life improved dramatically

Post Thanks / Like

The Konigs that had Bosch or Sems magnetos had the same thing too. It just seemed that shimming the buggers so they had the parfect lash and alignment was the issue.

RUN AWAY !!! RUN AWAY !!!

Thread Information