We have a bumper crop of wildflowers this year following and extended drought then good rains at the beginning of the year. I have only heard about the abundance of wildflowers in Texas, but not other states, with the exception of lots of blooms on cacti throughout the southwest. I know there must be such a show of flowers each spring in other states, but I have never seen photos, or know what kind of flowers there are.

When we went out of Texas to race it was to Lakeland too early for the flowers to bloom, or later for the North/South, Eastern or Western Divisionals or Nationals or Worlds long after the flowers had bloomed. So we never experienced what springtime wildflowers might look like along the roadsides in other states.

I took some today along the roadside where we live out to the entrance of Barbon Estates. I downloaded them on the computer in the boat racing room, but I can't get the internet there right now. When I can I will send the pics. In the near future....would some of you out there take some pics of the wildflowers near your place and post them?