Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wildflowers in Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Texas Bluebonnets

Fredricksburg to Llano in the back roads. Lost count of all the river bottoms we crossed...need a truck for this type of viewing. Would like to do this again next year if the crop is good. Here are a couple of pictures of the many I took.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cemetery

Forgot to add this one. Union Band Cemetery. Note the bench in the middle. Next time you are in the area stop and sit awhile....unless your scared.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Those pics are awesome David. And for those who don't know the Hill Country in Texas......David's pics were scenic..... with flowers!. They were up in the rocks with good views. You cannot imagine this year down in the hills below where everthing was carpeted wall to wall with color. They schemes change in less than a quarter mile, but in some cases there are hundreds of acres of one color. That Cemetery shot is one of a kind David. I shot one coming back from a 30 hour job last month, and another quick one on the way to a job the day before.....but yours is absolutely one that should appear on the cover of Texas Highways. No....change that....I went back and looked and it could not be cropped in a way to do it justice. It should be a centerspread.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a few from last month. A couple of these were taken at Fannin north of Goliad. It was where Colonel Fannin's troops were massacred a few weeks after the fall of the Alamo. It was this massacre that rallied the Texans and led to the cry of the charging Texans at San Jacinto...."Remember Goliad"..."Remember the Alamo".

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color Mix

Wayne, I appreciate the comments, Thanks. When you get a chance I posted some to the web from that area.

Looking at yours definitely put another dot on the map I will plan. I really like the color combinations you show. I was looking for that but only found blue. Take Care.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

These are magnificant photos David. Texas has some real beauty.

Thread Information