Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Craig craft project

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craig craft project

Restoring this for my KG4.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. Looks like a kit copy of a Craig Craft - much like this one we made in 1972 - this was really the first competition boat of this style that we made at Craig Craft:

All of ours had the vented transom - which I see yours does not - so I think it was likely one made from Craig's plans. Should be a great boat for your KG-4.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark,It was built from one of their kits.The one in your picture is awesome.I want to do mine just like yours.The runabout next to it is very nice.Thanks for the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jan Christ, In the Upper Left???

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Very cool. Looks like a kit copy of a Craig Craft - much like this one we made in 1972 - this was really the first competition boat of this style that we made at Craig Craft:

All of ours had the vented transom - which I see yours does not - so I think it was likely one made from Craig's plans. Should be a great boat for your KG-4.

Mark

Great pictures. Is that Jan Christ in the upper left???? I didn't know you guys very well, but always thought you were light yearS a ahead of us!!!

A fun time in boat racing history!

APBA is spending a $100,000 ON A NEW FOUR STROKE TUNNEL...WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THEY BUILD $100,000 WORTH OF CRAIG CRAFT "A" HYDROS???
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-12-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron - that is indeed Jan Christ in the picture. The back corner of his B stock hydro is in the photo - it was a Hedlund like copy. The B runabout was Craig's - although he ran ASR most often. Those were great times for sure. We had a lot of fun trying to make the boats go fast. We had the Seattle Outboard Assn rookie school in those days to train new racers and the club always had a display at the boat show to promote the sport - and there was a great deal of interest in boat racing in the Pacific Northwest in those days. We had very few resources and everyone worked a couple of jobs just to make a living - but it did not stop us or most other people from getting into stock outboard racing. I suppose there is more to do out there in the world these days.

Mark

Thread Information