Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: detroit river

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    This was, for sure an "Outboard" Boat. Bruce was quite a guy. I'm not sure anynbe has ever written about all the thing he reall did do. For quite ahile he really was a "HIGH ROLLER" (One of his boat names, I think).

I had two Sleek Craft Mod VP boats, he gave me both of them...And when I blew one over and mesed it up pretty well. He fixed it with charging me a dime. Of course, Ted Bravo bought more than 25 boats from Bruce one year, and Ted was my friend! (Muscle Boats).

Those boat were fun to drive and had great lines.
    yeah we have it running right around 80 but it porposes and chimewalks so bad past 75 that we cant hold it lng enough to see what it will really do

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I know Bruce Nescher patented the MOD VP bottom, but I'm not sure he was the real designer. Somehow I always thought Phil Percival designed the bottom.

You can see the "HILL" bracket on the back. I designed ths bracket on a napkin for Bob Leach. Bob had Tommy Papp, I think, build the first bracket on a jet boat. Sleek followed suit soon after.

Cool picture!

WOA! Is that boat a TAYLOR????? I thought it was a Sleek.....but now I'm confused.
    nope its a sleek 79

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

god i miss that rabco, lots of fun, now that im old enough to have my own boat i would kill for it haha xD

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

also this was no conversion, this has always been an outboard rig, 1979 not an sst

Thread Information