Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sport Derby Corpus Christi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wayne, You Ready????

Scary Jerry told me he had an "EXTRA" boat, bet he's loan it to you.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only boat I didn't get an autograph from was Scary Jerry's second boat and he had two different drivers in it. When I asked him about where I could at least find one of the drivers to sign the photo...he told me that he was in the pits fixing up the boat Scary Jerry himself wrecked and he wouldn't come to the middle T Head to sign it. He and Bob Schubert both said I could get a boat for $3,500 and be at the next race. I told both of them that I live too far south to race. But you live way too far west for Tri hulls. And I remember once you had an interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interest???

If I lived closer than 1,200-1,500 miles from these races I'd have two or three Tri Hulls...

Several things I love about Tri Hulls:

1. Grass Roots, and the Schubert Family has been, at least as far as I know the main "SPARK PLUG" for this class.

2. Prices are reasonable.

3. You can find part anywhere or buy them

4. They can and do race in anykind of water

5. All ages seems to race and seem to come back for more.....

6. Boats seems to have sponors from LOCAL dealerships and SPONSORSHIP might not be money, it could be parts, oil and such.

7. The boats look great

8. Fans love them!

Interest?

Hmm, got three COR 2.0 boats, one 45, an Addictor, a 18'6" Wahoo, a 19 foot Bahner.....

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The tight courses keep them close to the fans. They all have great colors. You know what I would do if I raced one Ron? I would have the sponsors names not only topside, but also painted on the bottom. Might have to redo it often....but wouldn't that be some great airtime?

Post Thanks / Like

The tri-hulls......ill just throw my little experience in.........About 4 years ago at the end of the racing season the sport guys had a "Tri-Hullathon" and invited the local 45s to race with them. So i was there racing my 45, and was offered to take part in the tri-hull race. It was a 2 or 3 hour race, i cant remeber.....but the rules were
    1. you could only carry six gallons of fuel
    2. you had to make at least two driver changes

Obviously there was a man there that needed a second driver so i got drive his boat.....let me tell you something....compared to running a 45 those tri-hulls are a HANDFULL.....the course gets ROUGH....and those boats are somewhat unpredictable...I had blast though, the boat actually had some decent power and ran well.......Its a cool class and i think you guys have mentioned it before, They need to give the tri-hulls a national race.....ive seen all of those guys willing to travel to race, the last time i raced st. louis i think 12 or 13 of them made the drive

Thread Information