Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Thunder , Isleton, CA

Dago fast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Delta Thunder , Isleton, CA

The second annual Delta Thunder Boat Race on the Sacramento river in Isleton is approved by resolution of the Isleton City council.
    This region 11 race is scheduled for October 2,3, 2010.
    This years festivities will be expanded to use designated city streets for food and
    craft vendors and static displays. Saturday night will feature live music and a
    meet the drivers bbq.
    A pancake breakfast will be held saturday and sunday mornings.
    Arraingements are being made to have the Potomac, the "floating white house" anchored along side the race course and providing VIP spectator seating for
    156 people.
    The city is allowing the race officials of California Speedboat Assn. use of whatever city property they request for the event.
    Please plan to attend this event and contact Frank Banducci for additional information. Frank: 510-223-4519, fbanducci@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda sucks that some of us in Region 12 won't be able to attend since our season ending Bakersfield race is the same weekend. Maybe at the Region meetings this year, both regions can work together somehow (schedule wise) to make this race bigger. I know the County of Kern dictates when SCSC gets Lake Ming to use.
    Having this much support from the City of Isleton, makes me want to support them back.

Dago fast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Region 12 participation

We had a good turnout of out of region entries last year and have committments from out of region entries for this year including region 12.
    The inaugrual event last year was a test and kept low key and turned out
    to be a successful event for participants and spectators. This years activities
    and attractions will be expanded.
    The tow money for out of region entries and prize money that was paid last year will again be paid this year and that was a welcome incentitive.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is that the WFLS drivers voted to attend during their meeting at Bakersfield in March, unless I'm losing my memory again...

e-PerformanceMarine.com ePerformanceMarine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not been very Political ever, I also aways speek my mind. This is just plain stupid, it hurts both sactions. I love the Sac area and have always been a supporter of more races. But there is no way I or my daughter will make it. We are supporting our region 12, Sorry !
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

JR Performance Motorsports

Jet Drive Service & Repair

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Date change?

Since it is known Lake Ming is a body of water which is hard to acquire and dates can't readily be changed, how about the City Counsel of Isleton move their date up one week?

Boat count was fair at best last year even with the out of region traveling expense stimulas. I would think the Counsel would like to get as many boats as they could to make it a grand show. If the city could make the Iselton race simulate the Long Beach Marine Stadium race (Aug), the boat count (especially with different inboard classes) would increase and inturn the fans would dramaticly increase. The large increase of fans coming would definetly raise revenue for the city and provide it's businesses with large amounts of cash flow!

Although I race a 45 (in between racing my sprint car), last year in Long Beach while mingling with the spectators, I noticed the vast majority of people standing up and cheering for the inboard classes as they came out on the water. You can't escape the fact that people who enjoy motorsports, like the roar of the V-8's whether it be on asphalt or the water!! Something to think about.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ePerformanceMarine View Post
    I have not been very Political ever, I also aways speek my mind. This is just plain stupid, it hurts both sactions. I love the Sac area and have always been a supporter of more races. But there is no way I or my daughter will make it. We are supporting our region 12, Sorry !
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm to support the region, as I also do, you should really try to get more facts before calling an event stupid, especially on an open forum.

First, There are only 3-4 classes sanctioned for Isleton and none of them are ones you'all race.

Second, Ross was fully aware of of the all facts in March at his WFLS meeting and they were discussed in great detail before the drivers voted and he agreed to support their decision.

Finally, for all we know Ross and Roger are trying to move the Bakersfield date or make some other arrangements so the race can happen for the other classes.

As for what I know, the OPC classes have voted to go to Isleton and I find it insulting that you call this decision stupid.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dean, your memory is correct. 120 and 45sst voted togo to Iselton instead of lake ming.If I remeber correctly[AGE?] it will be a wfls series race.If Ross doesn't have an issue with it why should anyone else?

Bill Reiter sr.

e-PerformanceMarine.com ePerformanceMarine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deanwilson View Post
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm to support the region, as I also do, you should really try to get more facts before calling an event stupid, especially on an open forum.

First, There are only 3-4 classes sanctioned for Isleton and none of them are ones you'all race.

Second, Ross was fully aware of of the all facts in March at his WFLS meeting and they were discussed in great detail before the drivers voted and he agreed to support their decision.

Finally, for all we know Ross and Roger are trying to move the Bakersfield date or make some other arrangements so the race can happen for the other classes.

As for what I know, the OPC classes have voted to go to Isleton and I find it insulting that you call this decision stupid.
    Sorry you took it personal, but if you look at the points for OPC I am listed and hold a OPC member card.

Quote Originally Posted by rilo22 View Post
    Dean, your memory is correct. 120 and 45sst voted togo to Iselton instead of lake ming.If I remeber correctly[AGE?] it will be a wfls series race.If Ross doesn't have an issue with it why should anyone else?

Bill Reiter sr.
    Bill you know me pretty well and I really wish everyone could get the races set so they are 2-3 weeks apart, you know I love racing period. It just makes it easier for everyone is all I am saying.
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

JR Performance Motorsports

Jet Drive Service & Repair

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Jim, I agree re: spacing of races between all clubs/promoters in Regions 11 and 12.With lack of water,especially in summer months and that ugly word(politics) Iwould not hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Bill

Thread Information