Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 120s at Long Beach?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 120s at Long Beach?

Does anyone plan on racing SST120 at Long Beach August 7/8? I can probably have my Revolution finished in time for the race, but if nobody plans on racing there I will take my time and not plan on racing 120 that weekend. I'll take my Mirage and race COR just for fun instead. Any feedback from you guys would be appreciated! Thanks - Dale..........

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We need all the COR entries we can get. Are planning to run the 120 powerhead on the mirage?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If guys are going to bring their 120s, I'll try and get mine finished in time to race it and leave the Mirage at home on the hydrohoist. But if nobody's going to bring their 120s to the race, I'll bring my Mirage. Unfortunatley, I don't believe a 2.0 powerhead will bolt onto a 2.5 tuner section. So I will have to run my 2.5 as it is because my 120 motor (complete) wil not work on my Mirage due to the 12" mid. I've already thought of putting a throttle stop on my Mirage 2.5 to even things up! The boat ready to run weighs 1,450 and my propshaft is 1.5" above the bottom, so I'm all legal except for the powerhead.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2L engine will bolt right on to the 2.5 mid section. Takes about an hour to install it. Our rules are that the prop shaft must be 1" below the bottom. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fyremanbill View Post
    The 2L engine will bolt right on to the 2.5 mid section. Takes about an hour to install it. Our rules are that the prop shaft must be 1" below the bottom. Let me know if you need help with anything.
    With my 15" mid, my motor will only go down low enough to bring my propshaft 1.5" above the bottom. It's alright, because I plan to run my 120 boat anyways. Thanks though....... I'll see you guys down there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Revolution

I ordered my Revolution a year ago December, Pat ordered his next and then Rod. So, Rayzor you think you'll have your 120 by Long Beach.

Does that mean we'll have our new boats by then?

This color blue is what I've ordered...

Lower your transon on your Mirage and come on out. We run our 2.0 on a 2.5 mid section and tuner.

Post Thanks / Like

Ron what kind of revolution did you order ? A mod vp ?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to get in the middle of what you guys have going with Jason on the mod vp boat, but I can say he's been great with my dealings with him for almost a year now. I will post pictures of the progress of my 120 build as their shop is only 50 miles from my house. I'm not sure still if I will make Long Beach or not with it, as I'm going to be doing a labor intensive paint job with Vornhagen Body and Paint in Brentwood after it's finished. Not to mention it doesn't sound like anybody will be bringing a 120 there except me, even if I get mine finished (this economy has killed boat racing this year). As for swapping powerheads on my Mirage and modifying transom heights, I'm not going to go through all the trouble. The Mirage is one of my pleasure boats that stays down at my dock year round on a hydrohoist. I use it almost every weekend and it's not worth the hassle to me to be changing it back and forth for a couple races every year. That's why I'm building a 120 boat. If I could run the Mirage as-is in any class, I'd bring it down. I'll be down there either way anyways, as a racer or a spectator.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's everyone status for Long Beach as far as I know...
    Me - The boat is finally getting worked on and I am planning (hoping) to run at Chowchilla in July, so Long Beach should be a go.
    Dan - Will also be at Chowchilla but he's not in town for Long Beach
    Mark - As far as I know he's ready for both Chowchilla and Long Beach
    Scott - ??? I know he wanted to go to Long Beach last year but the sponsor would not schedule us for less than 5 boats...we could only get 4 (don't get me started)
    Dave - Also ??? He's been back and forth about racing this year.
    John - No update on the boat restoration so probably not 120 but he'll probably race COR

Dale, very exciting that the boat's getting close. Has it come out of the mold yet? Did you get capsule training?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dean, nice to hear from you! My boat will get gel sprayed in the mold next Wednesday. Jason is saying that it shouldn't be a problem having the boat completed by Long Beach as they are pretty well caught up on other stuff right now. I already got my capsule certification out of the way and I've got my APBA card. I've also got all my driver's stuff, except for my spare air. All I need now is a boat! I sure hope to have it ready by then so I can come out and have some fun with all you guys!

Thread Information