Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Crackerbox Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crackerbox Question

The promo page on the Cambridge MD inboard race advertises Crackerbox competition in their class schedule on 22 to 25 Aug 2010. On the related cracker link from that page, photos of them are displayed. http://www.cpbra.com/?q=content/race-details

I was not aware that there are any competition Crackers on the East Coast and I do not see any info about Crackers traveling east for this event on the Cracker club website. The sanction details are not yet posted at APBA. I assume that the promo page is merely mistaken or simply listing all existing inboard classes but not identifying to the public which classes will actually attend? If so it might appear to the public as a misrepresentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seacow View Post
    The sanction details are not yet posted at APBA. I assume that the promo page is merely mistaken or simply listing all existing inboard classes but not identifying to the public which classes will actually attend? If so it might appear to the public as a misrepresentation.
    If the classes are invited, and the boats decide NOT to show...should they be advertised as part of the race? Tough call to promote a race in advance, when you never know who may or may not show up these days. If the sanction meets each classes criteria (for payout, tow money etc..if any) then why not allow a club/promoter to promote all classes in anticipation that they will show? Just sayin

On the other side...if you know a class is not going to attend, then promoting a certain class may only hurt the conducting club/promoter...and not the class itself as long as participants are not blamed for "no-showing."

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Title Races

This event is the Triple Crown and as part of that title the US Nationals and World Championships were awarded to Cambridge for all Inboard Classes. this is why you see Crackers listed. So what this means is that Long Beach is not the Summer Nationals for the Flatbottom Classes in 2010. Just the way it used to be Inboard Nationals for all Classes at the same event. I like it.

P.S. Yes there are 4 crackers on the east coast they race in garvey events most of the time in New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like

If some Crackers show & of course there are many Skiffs for heats, Cambridge should be a delightful show.

Post Thanks / Like

If some Crackers show & of course there are many Skiffs for heats, Cambridge should be a delightful show.
    the last time skiffs and crackers raced at a national event was dexter dam in eugene oregon in 1986. it was the 1st total inboard nationals that featured all stock and modified racing classes.
    raced the skiffs on saturday, there were 6. 2 from back east 4 from out west.
    then raced crackers next day.

and last i follwed, i think there are only 2 crackers left back east. 1 is a thornhill and the other was a lowen?
    the thornhill was last seen out here as spare parts raced in 1987. the other one was the ritz p36 or 37? from washington area.
    the other 2 migrated back out here. amys p96 and the conavay p55

if there are others, i havent heard.

a pic of the thornhill racing in the garvey club event
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that there is a Wrap and a Benson in New Jersey I have talked to them before and 1 in Georgia and 1 in Alabama.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by p28 renegade View Post
    the last time skiffs and crackers raced at a national event was dexter dam in eugene oregon in 1986. it was the 1st total inboard nationals that featured all stock and modified racing classes.
    raced the skiffs on saturday, there were 6. 2 from back east 4 from out west.
    then raced crackers next day.

and last i follwed, i think there are only 2 crackers left back east. 1 is a thornhill and the other was a lowen?
    the thornhill was last seen out here as spare parts raced in 1987. the other one was the ritz p36 or 37? from washington area.
    the other 2 migrated back out here. amys p96 and the conavay p55

if there are others, i havent heard.

a pic of the thornhill racing in the garvey club event
    Quit holding out on the pics....Crackerbox racing pics thread???

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the inboard nationals on 24 July. No Crackers in pits, none on the course and none were scheduled for the next day. Otherwise it was a good event. Bleachers for spectators and Cambridge is a pretty town. Radio heat coverage. Good turn -out of classes. But it was way too hot - about 103 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at the inboard nationals on 24 July. No Crackers in pits, none on the course and none were scheduled for the next day. Otherwise it was a good event. Bleachers for spectators and Cambridge is a pretty town. Radio heat coverage. Good turn -out of classes. But it was way too hot - about 103 degrees.
    Here was the problem for the Suncoast Motorsports team. We looked at going to this event and may have but it was a long way to travel for one day of points. Meaning we would have got there on Thursday and set up ran 1 heat to qualify on Friday then nothing until Sunday ran a final and loaded for home. We asked if the race committee could run us as three seperate points races. However there program was just to full to do that. So we stayed home.

Thread Information