Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Allison 50th Anniversary Pictures

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chuck Rutherford

What great photos. The last time I saw Paul Alison was when he stayed at our house prior to the Kilos in Kaukauna. He was there with Ben Robertson trying to set a record in UJ class. He doesn't look any older than he did in 1976.

Another person who should be telling his side of racing, on this site, is Chuck Rutherford. He owned the Big Orange Racing equipment and was very close to Joe Burgess. He was always concerned with the safety of boat racing and I believe that is the reason he got out of it. I was very surprised to see that he still had all of his boats after all these years. It shows the love he has for the sport.

I would like to contact Chuck if someone could let me know his wereabouts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbd29
    What great photos. The last time I saw Paul Alison was when he stayed at our house prior to the Kilos in Kaukauna. He was there with Ben Robertson trying to set a record in UJ class. He doesn't look any older than he did in 1976.

Another person who should be telling his side of racing, on this site, is Chuck Rutherford. He owned the Big Orange Racing equipment and was very close to Joe Burgess. He was always concerned with the safety of boat racing and I believe that is the reason he got out of it. I was very surprised to see that he still had all of his boats after all these years. It shows the love he has for the sport.

I would like to contact Chuck if someone could let me know his wereabouts.
    Mike go to allisonowners.com and there is a phone # there that will help you out.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Joe Burgess was a great guy to be around I really enjoyed being around the man . Chuck and Joe used to come up here to Portsmouth Ohio for the noa championships, all of the guys and gals (wives) were great people to be around. Chucks Big Orange Marine were just great people period.. I beleave one of the main reasons chuck slowed down was pressure from all around him account he became Dr. Chuck Rutherford surgeon. I know the family and friends wanted him to stop racing himself for fear of injury . I haven't seen them since the early 80s but to me it was like yesterday Chuck still looks the same . I'm sure they wouldn't remember me , but I have fond memorys of them all .

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When & where can I see all thoes allison boats that appeared in the 50th ann. I had a very rare 15ft allison & am in the process of getting it back. I would like to get back into collecting vintage allisons & Merc.outboards. Need Info.

Thread Information