Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help!!!!

Hi i'm raceing zapcat\thundercat in Norway and I saw that you know that alot of people here know what there talking aboute I race in blue print class but I have problems getting the speed and is way behind the other boats and thats boring.
    We are 180kg and quite hevy, working on that
    We run a winrace 11x21p clever and get's 54mph think the prop is not the right one for us....

I know we need some new props but they are expensive and i don't want to by 20 props before I find the right one maybe you have some tips aboute props?
    What kind of prop do you think would be best 11x18 or 11x19 11x20 clever? Ron hill props are they any good? And what aboute the engine? is there some secreet's that you can shere?
    We have taken 0.8mm of the topp and have 170psi compression.
    And the carburators we have 125 needels, also chnaged the Exhaust from the 50d2 to the 50d. maby we can do something else with the exhaust? Tuned pipe mabye? And what is dry out the exhaust? And i also noticed that some of the other drivers have changed the link betwen the egniton plate and the carburators to a solid one not the origanl spring one. Would that help? think it's from the old 50d. but I can't get one her I'n Norway they don't make them anymore. maby you know where I can get one? Any tips would be very appreciated.. I hope my English was not to bad

We are going to race in two weeks and we don't want to be last again

Post Thanks / Like

are yall racing rough water? short tracks? long tracks? what are yalls rules on the engins? to me i would run more pitch.... but i never raced them boats either. .

Post Thanks / Like

We run rough water, short tracks and long tracks. I know I need diffrent props but is Ron Hill props any good? Here people run Winrace props but they are very expensiv. Ron's props looks very nice Is there somthing more I can do with the engine ?? 170psi is that enough comp? Is it possible to run ovesised pistons? Would that do much? and what do i have to do to change to oversised pistons. Do i have to bore the cyl? or is it just to change them and if so where can i get the pistons?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

21p is to long in pitch for that set up, you need lower pitch, 17-18 it will give the hull more punch and she will not lug the prop.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Thread Information