When I first bought an Eliminator Daytona (21 footer), I paid $2,000 for it. I raced it in MOD VP with a $2,500 Evinrude...

Now, when I go to Eliminator Boats, I still know Bob Leach, owner, but I don't even see him...He has like 50 people running around....(WORKING), I see no boat UNDER $400,000.

When I last went to LAKE HAVASU, with my $60,00, 27 foot boat, I parked on the sand bar....there were so many boats that within a half hour, I had a hard time finding my boat (It was so smal compared to the others)...

I'm telling you, people that own boats in the over $100,000, aren't going to stop boating to watach a race.

At Havasu, they last time the GN's raced, guys kept pulling on the course to race the racers.

If we want people to race, we need to race boats that can double as PLEASURE BOATS....90 per cent of offroad cars are being used, weekly, when they aren't racing.

We need to race with ourselves in mind. ARE WE HAVING FUN? CAN WE BE COMPETITIVE??? OR is racing a24-7 job, where family, and frineds don't even get a ride in the boat????

If we want spectators, we need to race a NIGHT, under portable lights, so the boaters, who boat during the day, can come and watch us at night.

Pretend we are a golfer....they pay $100 to $200 to plan 18 holes. We need to plan to spend $200 to $400 to pay the club each weekend...and not EXPECT PRIZE MONEY....as, without a REAL SHOW.....where does the money come from????