recently a referal came to me an wants to go faster with his mini hawk ... anyways i am not real familar with these as i am more into mercs tho i just did a 35hp rude which is the same block ... (point ign ) thru hub ex... the 1 i`m lookin at now is cdi was told first yr suposed to be a 77 ... also mite add non thru hub ex ... i have not seen it run ... he tells me that no matter what prop is on it ( a 9p / 10/p 11/p also had a 13/p all 2 blade ) it runs out a 5000 rpm .... and says runs well he believes it has a rev limiter built in ??? any body kno ???? and if so any way around it ??? seems to me either it has a limiter or theres some other problems somewhere , the other motor i dealt with was the higher hp version (35hp ), from what i`ve picked up on these sites is only diff is carb / intake cover ... the 35 went on to a funski and is a real bear as compared to him telling me the 25 will go at best 28-30 no matter what he does ! any input guys ???also seems to me it should be a thru hub ex ?? or did they offer it as pin drive in 77 or does he have a cob job this an that someone put together
if its in vain ... he wants me to build him a merc 40cuber , what say you ??
thanks