Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quote of the Day: If Liars Flew the Whitehouse would Be An International Airport

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quote of the Day: If Liars Flew the Whitehouse would Be An International Airport

I love Rush Limbaugh....

Obama is PRO BUSINESS?

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron....you and your lovely wife Laurie book the last week of August to fly to the District of Columbia ( I refuse the disparage the name by adding Washington in front of what has become the District of Corruption) and join us in what will be the last big gathering that will be allowed at the mall.

ADD: This time we will warn our house representative so he can get out of town in time.
    Last edited by Master Oil Racing Team; 07-09-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: add

Post Thanks / Like

Default WHAT ARE THE dAtes?

I like to visit DC anytime. Is something being planned???

Give me the dates. We'll be there!

Post Thanks / Like

The actual date for the gathering is August 28. Glenn Beck is hosting a family special "Founding Fathers" event where they will talk about all the great things that made America great and about who the people were that made this great nation and how they did it. It is not a tax protest, or protest against the government. It is rather like trying to open up our eyes and present the true history of our country and help people learn things about our forefathers that are not being taught anymore. It's not a Republican, right wing, or tea party thing. It is far all Americans who want to learn. But for some reason, there are a lot of people trying to stop it.

Debbie and I will be flying out August 26. The event itself will be at the Lincoln memorial on Saturday August 28. You can get more details on the Glenn Beck website. I think Sarah Palin and Ollie North will be speaking. I forget all the speakers that will be there, but you can look it up. Let's do it. We're going to eat Chesapeake Bay crab cakes with Sam too.

Post Thanks / Like

Crab cakes or real crabs the way Marylanders eat them? How about eating one shell and all (well minus the brain and gills)?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah....I want to do it the right way. My son in law has an uncle that does a lot of catering for big wigs and has a restaurant in Anapolis on the bay. When he gets me the name I'll check in with you Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 28, 2010....Washington DC...

JUly 29th having some skin cancer in my ear are taken off and they want me to do nothing for a week, which is getting easier for me....

August 28th???? This might work, except Laurie doesn't like Glen Beck, though I think he's beyond GREAT.....

Post Thanks / Like

There will be lots of other speakers. Find the website and let Laurie read what it's all about. Glenn is just the instigator. It will be very uplifting. All money above what it costs to put it on goes to Wounded Warriors which was started after special forces were killed in the failed hostage rescue attempt in 1979. Money is raised to send kids of killed and severly disabled special forces to schools and colleges.

I found out that my son in law's uncle's place was written up as one of the best kept secrets on the east coast. It's called Back Porch Cafe and is near the Naval Academy. He caters to Admirals, and a lot of the top DC crowd. I haven't gone to his website yet, but Will tells me there is a good endorsement by Ted Koppel. His uncle knows all those people. The cafe is located on the bay, and it can't be too far from where we are staying. Do you know about this place Sam?

Post Thanks / Like

Default One of the most regarded formal caterers in the area

Fancy formal eating for admirals and presidents. Not crabs and corn Maryland food. Most people in Maryland would not even recognize the stuff on the plates as food.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

So what do I tell my Son-in-Law Will? We don't want to eat there? He put in a call to his Uncle Ken today, but hasn't heard back yet. I'm looking forward to this trip.

ADD: The website is his catering business. I haven't looked yet. The cafe is only open for breakfast and lunch from Wednesday through Sunday Will said. So would not that mean we would not have to wear a tux? I can understand them having breakfast open for people like Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd wearing tuxes coming off a party featuring waitress sandwiches, but half the bread is gone, and the other half soon won't be buttered.

ADD: I forgot to ask...maybe it's the catering gig that has the unrecognizable food. Some magazine Will said told that it was an unknown gem on the eastern seaboard. Will had told me about his uncle's place several years ago and said the catering was his specialty. Maybe the cafe is different. Anyway.....we have plenty of time to find out.
    Last edited by Master Oil Racing Team; 07-10-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: additional info

Thread Information