Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving the intake ports 49.9 cuber

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default moving the intake ports 49.9 cuber

haaa guys,, finally getting back.. got tired of the wineing some folks where doing...-- oo-well... question since ive bin playing with the intake ports on the 49er something i wanted to do since setting record.. like we use to do on d-mods,,,,, was wondering if some motor builders would impart there thoughts,,, about moveing the intake i raised mine with succsesful gains soooo ??? just a thought if we want to share...cheyney

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious

If you are thinking that porting on a cross scavenged Merc 44 would be similar to the so called looper of the OMC triple 49 incher ?

I am sure you will receive a lot of PM's on this, no real engine builder is going to post that kind of info public, or even in an email, or a PM. If they do I would be wondering about it. That is pretty specific information you are asking for.

And I will stop there, as you obviously think some of us are whining. I could give a chit what you think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you really want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by formeone View Post
    haaa guys,, finally getting back.. got tired of the wineing some folks where doing...-- oo-well... question since ive bin playing with the intake ports on the 49er something i wanted to do since setting record.. like we use to do on d-mods,,,,, was wondering if some motor builders would impart there thoughts,,, about moveing the intake i raised mine with succsesful gains soooo ??? just a thought if we want to share...cheyney
    There are a dozen specific things about the engine in question that would have to be answered/known in order to make generalized estimate for Transfer Port Timing modification.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

just courious if anyone has moved them around at all no specs needed,,, just to see if people have had bad things happen or generally good things ,,, i moved mine up and am very pleased with the results,,,,

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Intake ports

Hey Cheney, You might look at Jennings "Two-Stroke Tuners Handbook" for details about porting. Enduro timing events work well for me. Motocross proved peaky - lots of work for no real gain. Didn't even try GP events because MX didn't work. Good luck!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

want to thank the guys that private e-mailed me with there results over the years,,, food for thought,,, i am a bit more conservitive on my intake grinds ,,, but will still work on more,, hehehe,,, also the head thicknesses,,, luv mine at 200 thou off of stock,,, any thoughts on head thick???.... also some other things i will be trying as i always wanted to do since setting record a thousand years ago now,,hehehe..and a new pipe /pulse tune,,, for the new motor that i will have at nats to follow palmquist around the course hehehehe,,,,cheyney

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

"for the new motor that i will have at nats to follow palmquist around the course hehehehe,,,,cheyney"[/QUOTE]

I'm still not sure if I am going to make the trip. It is a long way from Florida to California. It appears that there will only be a couple of other 350MH's to race against and only two true 850's that I know of to compete against (you and Jeff Akers) there. However I would be great to compete against some new faces.
    As far as you following me around, I'm not so positive. I have a pretty lo-tec rig with a good boat, that's all. You have been doing a lot of work and I'm sure it would pay some benefits.
    John

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

let me know if your not going,,, that pritty much the only reason i was going was to compete against you,,,, i mise well stay home since sounds like only the guys i usually race,,, ugggg....cheyney

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

the Powell boys have a 3 holer hydro Should be competitive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by formeone View Post
    let me know if your not going,,, that pritty much the only reason i was going was to compete against you,,,, i mise well stay home since sounds like only the guys i usually race,,, ugggg....cheyney
    5 850 hydros have preregistered ... should be enough good boats to show where you fall Chey ... Tony has driven Vickie's boat in the past, maybe that will be what happens at Oroville, unless you are afraid to race against a pink boat (Tony isn't afraid to DRIVE it )
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Thread Information