Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Some people do not have a clue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some people do not have a clue

Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, CA, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried they couldn't get their brand new 22 foot boat going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power they applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go they putted into a nearby marina, thinking someone there may be able to tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, and the propeller was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking onwater, he was laughing so hard.
    NOW REMEMBER...THIS IS TRUE.
    Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer!
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Tomtall

Default Same story

Heared the same story at Mercury tech school 18 years ago. Man that one gets around.Of course there are many clueless people in boating so I guess it could have happened more than once.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watching People

One of the few places better than an airport to just watch people and be VERY entertained, is the launch ramp at any river or lake.

USUALLY GREAT ENTERTAINMENT AND CAN PROVIDE MANY FUNNY/SAD STORIES ON JUST HOW STUPID FOLKS CAN BE SOMETIMES!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post
    One of the few places better than an airport to just watch people and be VERY entertained, is the launch ramp at any river or lake.

USUALLY GREAT ENTERTAINMENT AND CAN PROVIDE MANY FUNNY/SAD STORIES ON JUST HOW STUPID FOLKS CAN BE SOMETIMES!!
    Gotta agree, alot to see. About to back my boat in at the local ramp -clearly marked with the typical long NO-Jersey sign list inc. NO FISHING at the ramp. So whats the guy do?, throw a seining net out right where I was gonna go... then asks "oh, were you gonna go there". LoLs! The jet ski gangs rippin it up at the 'hot dog stand' make it difficult for you with your hand build vintage racer to avoid damage. I put running lights on so I can run a bit past sunset when they're outta there. [Don't get me wrong, I like the jets] The fall ins, the drive ins, the plug outs, the forgot oil's, the one that got away, the 'sailor' who cant tie a shoe -or find em, etc.. dont forget bikini's heh heh

Tomtall

Default Boat Ramp Bloopers

For your viewing pleasure. Hours of enjoyment of "Boat Ramp Bloopers"
    found on "Google" videos. Enjoy !!!

http://www.google.com/search?q=boat+...q=1&oq=boat+ra

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago my brother Mark and his wife Anne met up with one of my friends I graduated with who married one of Mark and Anne's friends they graduated with. They went up to Lake Conroe where these mutual friends moved after getting jobs up in that area. He (or they both) had very good jobs so he decided it was time to splurge and buy their very first boat. I don't remember who the guy married, but he was very smart and an all around good guy. I liked him, but when it came to boats.....he had no clue.

He bought a very nice rig...good trailer....the hitch was properly installed and he had the right ball for the trailer. But......he could not back it down the ramp very well to launch it. He didn't really want to take the boat out, but it was a beautiful lake and Mark and Anne had never been on it so he relented Since Mark was there to help, he figured it wouldn't be such a problem.. He had been on the water numerous times with it, but the lake was down a lot so he asked Mark if he would back it down the ramp for him. Mark said sure, and without Stacy noticing he pulled the pin for the trailer breakaway.

Mark backed down to the point he could with the ramp and low water, he started to let the boat in the water and suddenly Stacy slapped both hands to his cheeks and let out a loud sound. That startled Mark and he stopped the crank and gave a very frightened look toward Stacy. Mark asked, "What happened?" Stacy pointed at the boat halfway off the trailer and shouted...."It broke!": Then Mark realized Stacy didn't know about the easy launch feature of his trailer. The boat tilted after it got beyond the breakaway point. He laughed and assurred Stacy all was O.K., then told him all about it. With the lake down Stacy had been handcranking that boat up without being able to get it submerged enough to float off.

Thread Information