Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A contest to test your knowledge of boat racers

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A contest to test your knowledge of boat racers

In visiting with some folks at DePue today, I happened to talk to a boat racer who I have known for quite a while but have not seen recently, and while discussing his family, he told me about the birthday gift he just recently gave his wife. I thought it was such a unique gift that it warranted a little contest to see if anybody could guess who the gift giver was. HE IS SUCH A ROMANTIC FOOL!! I started to say any woman would be happy to claim such a thoughtful man for a husband, but I have decided not to go quite that far.

If anyone can guess who this person is, I will present the winner of the contest with either a case of beer of their choosing or the money to purchase same if the winner is not available so I am able to present the prize personally.

THE THOUGHTFUL GIFT FOR HER 50TH BIRTHDAY WAS A COLONOSTOMY.

A husband just doesn't get much more thoughtful than that.

The persons eligible for the prize do not include racing partners, pit crew or family. The contest ends at the same time as the Nationals, this coming Sunday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Priceless!!!

I hope it was appreciated. It was certainly well thought out and given with love.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very thoughtful ! I wish I was able to do that for my wife, but she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer at 46 ! She now gets one every year ! She is also hanging in there, though the chemo. gives her some bumpy days !

John Biagio

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so there is absolutely no misunderstanding about the reason for this post, I certainly did not and will not, ever make light of the terrible disease of Colon Cancer. As one who has lived with Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Skin Cancer for the last 44 years, cancer of any type is a devastating and terrible thing to have, not only for the individual but their whole family and circle of friends. My skin cancer has taken, just from my neck and face area over the last 20 or so years, an amount of skin removed that was about 1 1/2 times larger than a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of notebook paper, so I have great sympathy for anyone who has to live with any type of cancer, much less cancer of the colon.

That being said, if you know this couple as I have for the last 20 years or so they have been married, you also know that he can be loud, brash, profane, sometimes obnoxious, and always a complete stitch (as my wife would say) to be around, as you absolutely NEVER know what will come out of his mouth. In other words, the mold from which a lot of boat racers come from. He is also a very loyal friend to those he knows, likes and respects. I think I fall in that category, at least he has not shot me yet when we have quail hunted together.

When we arrived at DePue last Wednesday nite, he and his wife were one of the first folks we ran into, and in connection with telling us they had just celebrated her 50th Birthday, he also came out with the information about the gift mentioned earlier in this post. I guess it was one of those deals, "You Had To Be There", but we were really tickled with the way he put it, and especially her reaction when he told everyone about the gift he had given her. I know she appreciated it as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, and they were both thrilled with the results (negative for anything suspicious) but as I said in the original post, it was one of those "priceless moments".

There is ABSOLUTELY much love in this marriage, and if the rest of the married community had what they do together, it would be a much happier world all around. So enough said about that.

Fortunately for my wallet, nobody was able to guess the correct name, so we will leave it this way. I know he will see this post when they arrive home, and if he wants to own up, I will pay up. We will see what happens.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill;

So who is the mystry man and wife????????

I did not take it as a neg., and hope nobody else did either, just passing on that it is a special thought to want your spouse to be well !

John Biagio

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lets see if he will "own up"

John:

Thanks for your understanding words. It was only after I got home and re-read my first post, that I realized that someone mistakenly might think I was making light of this terrible disease, that the test is for,and that was certainly not my intent.

As mentioned in my last post. I want to let him get home, read the post,. and see if he will "own up" to the story. If so the mystery will be solved!! Stay Tuned.

Thread Information