Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 Donations Taken Here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default $171 more....

Got $20 today, THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-08-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well.................A Man Has To Be Honest...

I got $25 more from Pay Pal and $200 check coming from an honorable man....

So, BRF has more that their goal....But, keep sending money, I'll find a place for it...

Thanks, it is nice to know I don't have to spend my wife's money to keep BRF going...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the Support...

In the past I haven't named names just because I didn't feel like I wanted to........

But, last week or so, when for awhile I thought we might have lost seven years of Boat racing History...and friends....

Mike Quindazzi, Jr. pulled at least one all nighter for BRF.....Wayne Baldwin called with some grat information that would have worked for us had Mike not been on the case.

Wayne wanted to know if we can make a copy of "An Amazing Story" off BRF and I haven't asked Mike....

Anyway, as I was looking through Pay Pal today, I saw $50 from Joe and Karen Rome. Thanks Joe and Karen.

Sea Way Marine's Jake sent BRF $200. I'm humbled by all donations. Thank you, I won't waste the money on a "Fun filled weekend in Alcapulco", trust me.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-08-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's great to see BRF back Ron, and this "host going into a blackhole" may be the wakeup call we needed. I was wondering way before "An Amazing Story" ever got as far as it did, that if there was just one hiccup, would we lose everything. I had no clue what to do, a long time ago I copied off some of the beginnings of "An Amazing Story" because Debbie and others had told me I should write down my memoirs for Alexis and Andrew. I figured the input from friends and people that didn't even know me, could contribute much more to the times I raced in than I could ever remember. After some glitches in "An Amazing Story" occurred over about a week, it kind of went into ethereal space. Sam was able to correct everything and said that the thread had grown impossibly large to handle with whatever gizmo's BRF had at the time so he chopped it up into three parts. "An Amazing Story III" is the only one still active that can be posted to, but the first two are still viewable in total. After Sam saved that, I called him up to see how to get a personal copy of just that thread. I don't remember exactly what he said because that's been several years ago, but the thought never left my mind. I think that time spent to do that might have been a problem. People would not want to pay what it would take to copy a single thread. Sam....correct me where I'm messing up because I don't know the technicals, and the statute of remembering runs out after a year or two these days..

That's the background of what I talked to Ron about (besides my Son-in-Law telling Ron he could help, and everything I told Ron...Mike was already doing.) So my question to Ron, and where I was going with this was to find out from Mike if there was better technology now to be able to copy a complete thread simply, and turn it into a DVD or whatever to be able to sell it. Some of the complications I think Sam may have had an issue with now that I think about it were copyright. But if there were a way to be able to do this, and sell multiple copies to BRF members, I think this could be a way to boost BRF up and take care of the operating costs, plus pay the people that keep BRF going. That's why I say we had a good "Wake up Call"

more later....got to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Web Hosting Services

Always make sure when you do business with a "Web Site Design Service company" that you own your domain and know who the "Web Hosting Service" is. Anybody can set up a company and then use a web hosting service to host your domain. And those same people can disappear as quickly as they came with your money and your web site. This is just information for the future for anyone setting up a web site. Thanks Mike for the detective work!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default money for BRF ?

about membership cards for a small fee ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mike Quindazzi, Jr. Says, "We're Backed Up." Whatever that Means...

E: Full Backup Completed

Show Details
    Message body

How about that... BRF now has a current back-up! Things are looking up.

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:48:24 -0800
    Subject: Fw: Full Backup Completed
    To: mquindazzi@hotmail.com

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: ronhill@hillmarine.com
    Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 8:31 PM
    Subject: Full Backup Completed

--------------------------------------------------------
    pkgacct started.
    pkgacct version 10 - user : ronhill - tarball: 1 - target mysql : default - split: 0 - incremental: 0 - homedir: 1 - archive version: 3 - running with uid 0
    pkgacct working dir : /home/backup-11.14.2011_23-19-35_ronhill
    Copying Reseller Config...Done
    Copying Suspension Info (if needed)...Done
    Copying SSL Certificates, CSRS, and Keys...Done
    Copying Domain Keys....Done
    Copying Counter Data....Done
    Copying Bandwidth Data......boatracingfacts.com-http-rate.rrd....ronhill-ftp-rate.rrd....ronhill-ftp-peak.rrd....boatracingfacts.com....ronhill-all-rate.rrd....ronhill-pop3-rate.rrd....ronhill-smtp-peak.rrd....boatracingfacts.com-all-peak.rrd....ronhill-pop3-peak.rrd....ronhill....ronhill-all-peak.rrd....boatracingfacts.com-all-rate.rrd....ronhill-http-peak.rrd....ronhill-imap-rate.rrd....boatracingfacts.com-http-peak.rrd....ronhill-http-rate.rrd....ronhill-smtp-rate.rrd....ronhill-imap-peak.rrd..Done
    Copying Dns Zones.......boatracingfacts.com...Done
    Copying Mail files....Done
    Copying frontpage files.......www.boatracingfacts.com.conf (site)......boatracingfacts.com.conf (site)...Done
    Copying proftpd file....Done
    Copying www logs.......log file sizes [41120829 byte(s)]......boatracingfacts.com-smtpbytes_log............
    ...boatracingfacts.com-bytes_log......ftp.boatracingfacts.com-ftp_log.offsetftpbytes......ftp.boatracingfacts.co m-ftp_log.offset......ftp.boatracingfacts.com-ftp_log......boatracingfacts.com-bytes_log.offset......boatracingfacts.com...Done
    Copy userdata...Done
    Copy custom virtualhost templates...Done
    Leaving timeout safety mode
    Copying mailman lists and archives....
    Done
    Copying homedir.............
    Done
    Entering timeout safety mode
    Determining mysql dbs......mysql version: 5.1......mysqldump version: 5.1...Saving mysql privs...Done
    ...Done
    Storing mysql dbs............
    ronhill_c4(1207690 bytes) ronhill_forum.........

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic Ron.

Did you happen to find out from Mike if he or someone would be able work something up that I asked you about? I think if it wasn't too expensive, it could be a money raiser. The cost always goes down in mass production, so it would depend upon the level of interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Is Another Year

If you feel like placing an BANNER AD, like Ford of Orange, here on BR, F contact me. We get 37,000 views a month and the average viewer stays on for five minutes. Average viewer are males with disposable income.

BRF rates are $1.00 a day, or $360 a year. Ads can be paid monthly or yearly.

Ronhill@hillmarine.com is my email address.

Donations taken anytime, especially nice when you sell something on BRF.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-05-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013 Team Members

Mike Quindazzi has put in another 40-50 hours getting BRF up to speed. Without Mike's, Sam Cullis's help BRF would be stumbling with all the up grades required.

BRf wants to support Boat Racing in various ways. We recently bought COR Trophies for the Winter Nationals.

We have no requirement for our members, but if you feel a donation is in your future, send it to Ron Hill@hillmarine.com . If you have a specific area you want supported, let us know when you donate.

Also, the Southern California Outboard Association is recruiting members at $25 a head. If you'd like to join SCOA, send my $25 AND I'LL FORWARD THE MONEY TO THE CLUB AND THEY WILL GET YOU A MEMBERSHIP CARD.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR DONATIONS!

Thread Information