Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kneel-down Racing is BACK in TEXAS!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kneel-down Racing is BACK in TEXAS!

Yes, You Heard Right, We Are Racing In Texas!

September 11th & 12th for the first time in many years, there will be kneel-down racing again in Texas.The revised Lone Star Outboard Racing Association and the NBRA have scheduled a weekend of racing in Somerville Texas. Just 30 miles Southwest of Bryan/College Station, Welch Park at Lake Somerville will host all classes of the NBRA.

I know there has been much discussion on this site about the 'glory days' of Texas boat racing and it must have been truly impressive. I doubt we will ever return to that sort of prominence but you must start somewhere and this race is as good a place to start as any. We would consider it an honor if any of the Texas legends that frequent this site were to attend our race. And I am serious about that. It would be an honor indeed.

For more details please visit the NBRA link http://www.freewebs.com/racenbra/ or call Dennis Crews at 817-944-1430

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your race. It is a great thing indeed to see the kneel downs return. Joe Rome and I were just talking about the race at Pasadena yesterday. I would come up there, but unfortunately I will be returning from the District of Corruption 10 days earlier and my partner is taking off a week as soon as I get back. Keep us posted on attendance, pictures and results. We need to support the new Lone Star. And your logo is way cool.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. We will do our best to put on a great first race and I will let you know how it goes.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Race Schedules

Any particular web site I can keep track of race schedules that may be close enough to attend?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Alaniz View Post
    Any particular web site I can keep track of race schedules that may be close enough to attend?
    Racing is finished for this year but plans are already in place to race at Somervile again next year. Here is a link to some pics of the Somerville race and one for the NBRA site. Mark that one as it will have next years schedule posted after the national meeting in November.

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/a...merville%20TX/

http://www.freewebs.com/racenbra/

Thread Information