Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam & Wayne send greetings from

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam & Wayne send greetings from

Mikes Crabhouse

Pictures later
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam, thanks for the boat ride on the Chesapeak and your Lee Ann and Irie's hospitality. Debbie wanted me to ask you the name of little bridge in Baltimore you walk over for all the little shops, food, and ice cream deserts. She forgot the name and didn't know where to go. If I don't get the reply tonight, I'll call tommorrow. As Sam says....pictures to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

The neighborhood is "Fells Point" ... it is just east of the Inner Harbor development area. The dessert shop is Vaccaro's http://www.vaccarospastry.com/locations.jsp

yum!

Thanks for taking us out to dinner, it was a pleasure meeting you in person!

The GPS ap is NaviCat: http://www.appstorehq.com/navicat-iphone-68073/app

Still $2.99 for a while and well worth it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baltimure

I hope Wayne had Crab Cakes and Natty Boh's!!

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been there yet David. Leaving in a few minutes. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam, you didn't treat Wayne to hard shells? A true Chesapeake delicacy.

Post Thanks / Like

We had that choice Ted, but there were too many ways to do crabs at one setting. I was thinking about you, as a matter of fact, while we were up there. As Texas miles go....you weren't that far. As Texas guideposts, milage markers and directions go....you might as well been in a place just called New England. Now I know why Sam swears by his GPS.. In the last couple of years Debbie and I have seen much of the Revolutionary War artifacts and history, and this past week we saw a lot of the War of 1812 history and artifacts. Some day we would like to see Philadelphia, and Boston where our sovereign country began. If we do....I would like to have you be our guest at a good Boston clam chowder place.

ADD I guess I should say New England clam chowder. The only clam chowder I have ever eaten is west coast style. Most places around here serve west coast style if it's offered. Occasionally we will go to a fine restaurant that serves clam chowder and when I order it they ask "New England, or West Coast". Since it is always west of the Appalachians that I have had clam chowder, I always go for the one I'm familiar with. I figure, if the New England style is not common fare out this way, then I think the restaurants out this way don't know how to make it properly. So...I figure one day we'll make it to the New England area, and that's one of my goals is to have some authentic New England clam chowder.

Post Thanks / Like

Debbie and I left to come home just at the right time. Ahead of the Hurricane Earl that is threatening the east coast and the crazed environmentalist that shut down part of the metro. Thank God no one else was hurt, and especially the little kids who this deranged lunatic claimed would ruin the earth.

Debbie and I met a couple of friends on the way to attend Glenn Beck's Restore Honor Rally at the foot of the Lincoln Memorial. I haven't heard yet how many were there, but When Debbie and our friends got there a little after 7:00 am for the 10:00 opening, we got a spot where we could not see anything. Only hear. The sound system was excellent, so we just sat back and enjoyed. As usual, all the neighbors from around the country were friendly and we chatted the four hours before the event started.

Last year when Debbie and I went to the 912 meeting held on the mall Sam asked where we stayed after the fact. I knew Sam lived in Anapolis, but to me those places on the east coast are crowded, traffic terrible,..etc. When Sam informed me that he had been working within a mile or so of where we were staying at the time we were in the District of Corruption last year, I was disappointed I had not contacted Sam earlier. We decided that if all possible, our families would meet if we came back. We did. This time Debbie and I planned to do our touring after the event instead of before. The best time to meet up with Sam and his family was Sunday, the day after "Restoring Honor."

Sam asked if we would like to go out on his boat into Chesapeake Bay.. I had wanted to go boating on that historic bay for the longest time, and also eat Chesapeake Bay crabs. Not only did we get to eat the authentic crabs....but before we did....we went in a boat that belonged to a friend, and not just a tourist boat. (Debbie and I only met Sam and his family in person for the first time, but as much as he has helped me and others, I consider him a friend). It was a fun time.

We got back to the marina, took the boat back to the house, then proceeded to Mike's crab shack, although we could have taken the boat straight up the river....tied up,,,,,and had the feast then and there. It was great Sam....and once again thanks.

ADD Getting data based errors so will add the pics later or tommorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Wayne, gotta tell me, what was Sam like in person? (never talked to him on the phone like we have) How many old motor parts did you trip over?

Post Thanks / Like

We went for our boat ride and then straight to the food.

I'm sorry the boat ride was so rough ... I crossed over the South River bridge a couple times yesterday ... the South River was as smooth as glass ... no wind, no traffic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information