Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My newly completed ride

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Water in the fuel possible yes, however it was a brand new 5 gallon can I just opened yesterday. Water getting in the float bowl however, I can see because I have that (practically) wide open vent on the front of my cowling (can kind of make it out in a few of the pics), but then wouldn't my pump gas be getting wet too? Tonight I am going to drain the bowl and run it off a different tank with the same 102 fuel, and most likely pull the carb to clean it once more/return to stock settings.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Returning the carburetor to stock settings got rid of the starvation @ WOT, however it seems to be under-revving now by just a hair. I have yet to try hotter plugs, however, and more carb adjustments must be made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We can't hear the motor with the music.
    Borrow a GPS & a rev counter.
    We need to see both instruments at full on & hear the motor, which looks like it's got to come up a bit, run a bit of clear plastic pipe from the tell tale to where you can see easy & not get a shower.

so we need revs & speed , at existing height.
    lift the motor in 1/2 inch steps until you loose the tell tale flow or the prop start slipping
    record speed & revs every step
    try bringing the motor in 1 hole.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only a digital camera with poor video capabilities, it does not record sound. but i will do my best to get my hands on a sound capable camcorder, and a tiny tach.

Tomtall

Default Fuel starving

Another consideration. Back in the day we had customers that would have this problem when running their fuel tanks in the front of their aluminum fishing boats. We found that the small OMC fuel pumps on the fishing engines could not draw the fuel from that long a distance at W.O.T. without starving for fuel when the tanks got lower on fuel. OMC came out with a bulliten with a fix. I believe they offered a different fuel pump kit. Just a thought.

Thread Information