Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Orange Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Default pics of 3

shep,,,,
    this is my last post on this matter
    had enough trying to get point across
    been respectfull and not to bash just clarify facts
    that it was bad judgement purposely being on the inside to cross a rooster around traffic,,,
    thats being unsafe,,,,,,,u dont see it that way?????

turn 3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    tracy turned in on ruben,,,,
    this made ruben have to cross to the outside
    normal driving move to close door on trailing boat
    yes,,,,,,,,thats what the pics shows,,,,,,,in turn 3,,,,,,,TURN 3,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    that also gave glynn the inside lane opportunity,,,,,,,,,
    all true and how that happened in turn 3,,,,,all agree to that
    now with tracy leading and glyn and ruben side by side down short straight towards turn 4

the accident was a short straight later,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in TURN 4,
    again orange track shape is triangular,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3-4 have a distance
    lots of time to NOT drive straight at 4 bouy to purposely drive through rooster.......
    he did this for 10 laps in the previous heat,,,,,,
    we all watched
    and i and others saw the accident unfolding before it happened,,,,,,,
    cause we watched him in 1st heat go from lane 4-6 straight at 1st bouy
    and then blow behind glyn through his rooster on 2nd turn back out to lane 4-6
    in same 1st heat almost hit reno by crossing rooster in same manner
    u have seen this 1000 times through the yrs,,,,,
    thats how he was airborn to land on top of another boat,,,,,,,,,
    why i used the 1 pic as a referance BETWEEN bouys,,,
    his boat is straight,on inside,,,boaw high,,,sponsoms dry,,,even rooster taill
    >>>>>>>>>>does not match the story of going slow into the turn with no place to go<<<<<<<<<,,turn soo wide dont see #3 boys cause of distance

if u put his story together as both turns together and no distance to travel between bouys,,,
    with no place or time to make a change,,,
    yes story will sound ok from that point og view
    in this case LOTS of time and distance
    i have stated my facts as i SAW them
    others have stated their facts,,,including glynn staing incorrect story,,,,
    we have full video and pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    defend as u believe
    and call every1 else a liar,,,,,,,
    had enough ,,,,,,,,,i have a freind still alive
    thats all that matter to me or any1 else here at sport that saw it unfold,,,,,,,,
    done,,,,,,,

TakeItOutNPlayWithIt QST4IT0001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Txboatshop
    Not so sure I agree with the $$ excuse for F1-F2 here in the states. It is obvious that there is money enough to fund top level competitive events here in the states. I think its more a matter of how those events are managed!! Both finacially and organizationally. We have a ton of other racing sports that do very very well with getting sponsorship $$ (granted not as well right now as in years past obviously) Heck even have the FLW REDFISHING TOUR that does well if they can make fishing, golf, or hell lawnmower racing do well whats the deal B\C this sport is ten times more exciting and deserves better!! Maybe many have tried hard to keep it a backyard sport and for the most part that is exactly what it is.(and as you stated it's still dying either way) Yes alot of the people doing it now may not be able to do it the same as they do now. But the sport would survive the shift. Those people would still be involved somehow as owners\drivers\crew\builders etc . The money and interest would grow the sport to where we see it on espn. I'd think the smaller classes would grow even more b\c the people who are currently racing F-1 F-2 That can borderline afford it will move to classes that fit their budgets helping to grow the grassroots side also. I agree that it's a huge problem, and don't know who can tackle it, I Hope it gets the attention and action it needs. I feel it will take a dedicated group with unrelenting vision, big P.R. support and a way to start drawing in the $$. Just chiming in with my opinion , not trying to rock the boat.
    The almighty himself entrusted the survival of all living creatures to A Wooden boat.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john miffco View Post
    shep,,,,
    this is my last post on this matter
    had enough trying to get point across
    been respectfull and not to bash just clarify facts
    that it was bad judgement purposely being on the inside to cross a rooster around traffic,,,
    thats being unsafe,,,,,,,u dont see it that way????? ,
    John
    I looked at the picture you told me to. That's what I see in that picture.I am Not trying to asses any blame. Jimmie clearly didn't make the turn the accident was a result. I'm just as grateful as you that no one was hurt. Sorry if you have taken it the wrong way.
    Shep

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QST4IT0001 View Post
    Txboatshop
    Not so sure I agree with the $$ excuse for F1-F2 here in the states. It is obvious that there is money enough to fund top level competitive events here in the states. I think its more a matter of how those events are managed!! Both finacially and organizationally. We have a ton of other racing sports that do very very well with getting sponsorship $$ (granted not as well right now as in years past obviously) Heck even have the FLW REDFISHING TOUR that does well if they can make fishing, golf, or hell lawnmower racing do well whats the deal B\C this sport is ten times more exciting and deserves better!! Maybe many have tried hard to keep it a backyard sport and for the most part that is exactly what it is.(and as you stated it's still dying either way) Yes alot of the people doing it now may not be able to do it the same as they do now. But the sport would survive the shift. Those people would still be involved somehow as owners\drivers\crew\builders etc . The money and interest would grow the sport to where we see it on espn. I'd think the smaller classes would grow even more b\c the people who are currently racing F-1 F-2 That can borderline afford it will move to classes that fit their budgets helping to grow the grassroots side also. I agree that it's a huge problem, and don't know who can tackle it, I Hope it gets the attention and action it needs. I feel it will take a dedicated group with unrelenting vision, big P.R. support and a way to start drawing in the $$. Just chiming in with my opinion , not trying to rock the boat.
    Bob (Tx Boatshop) is right. Money is a huge issue in making the capsules what they need to be. Getting sponsor money right now for events or team support is difficult at best. It is My understanding that much of the money in UAE and China comes from the Government or related funding. Many of the communities we go to now can barely afford what they are doing now not just in OPC but all categories.

Most of the time before a racer will move down a class they will stop racing first.

Safety does need to be improved but our current situation is dictating the pace that it will occur.

Shep

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quest & Shep

Thanks for your input

I dont think lack of money is an excuse, its a fact of life. Certainly there is SOME money around to fund top level motorsports racing - we are not top level, in order to become top level we need money to secure good race sites, fund an infrastructure to conduct and promote the races, pay better prize money to attract more and better teams, etc. There currently is no money to do this and very little chance of securing these funds in our current situation. The management to organize and conduct these races is available but there is nothing to manage without having the $$ needed to accomplish above. If you look at the history of F1 type racing over the years the best years are when there was factory involvement because they brought $ to the table. That has not been the case in the past decade or more. Many people have tried to replace those $$ with private sponsorship dollars, both for teams and for the series. There have been some fairly strong efforts which include paying PR firms and sports marketers, all without any real results. Just because you or I may not like to fish doesnt mean that there arent millions of others who enjoy fishing, even as aspectator sport. Also remember that the fishing industry & marine industry are great supporters of those tournaments with advertising and sponsorship dollars, We do not seem to have access to any of that money. It seems that the man with the dollar agrees unanimously that his money is better spent on fishing than racing(at least our type of racing). I dont think that anyone is trying to keep it a backyard sport, Many people have spent untold time, effort and money in the effort to raise the profile of our racing. I am sure that all of us would welcome a "guru" to come in here and fix the problem and bring us to the "next level" the sports most recent attempt at that was a disaster that just about caused the end of F1 racing in this country. No names mentioned. The solution is $$$, management is not the issue. If we had the $$$ then maybe we could argue over the management.
    I know a lot of this seems to be only my opinion but I can asure you that I have been at this problem a long time and have been involved in management or ownership of a number of racing series. I dont think Quest's premises are wrong, but implementation is the difficult part.

Bob

TakeItOutNPlayWithIt QST4IT0001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Txboatshop
    Im glad we atleast have a place to rationally air out our opinions. Too bad we cant all get together and and do some guru work!! haha I totally understand the $$ deal but its just like everything else in life nobody is too likely to hand out a million first and say go race boys They want to see the product working first then commit. Maybe someone with some inside pull could go tail some of the big wigs in nascar or similar sport to see what things could cross over and be benificial to us that we are missing.
    I just think the top level will have to look, act, and be at its best b\f the real sponsor $$ will come. I look at many of the sponsors of the FLW guys as a loss to our sport. Many of them easily relate to our sport and could have been great major sponsors if we were able to lure them in. I dont know the answer but will be happy if it ever gets figured out. Good talk thanks for keeping it civil...
    The almighty himself entrusted the survival of all living creatures to A Wooden boat.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey john
    sorry for the late reply but thanks again for all the help you gave me at orange
    also thanks go out steve coleman ang roberto

Thread Information